USU track: Aggies to compete at Sacramento State's Mondo Mid-Major Challenge
Utah State's men's and women's track and field teams travel to Sacramento, Calif., to compete in Sacramento State's Mondo Mid-Major Challenge at Hornet Stadium on Thursday through Saturday, April 11-13.
Action at Hornet Stadium begins Thursday at 1 p.m. MT with four of the seven events in the women's heptathlon and five of the 10 events in the men's decathlon. The multi-events conclude Friday. Field events begin at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, while the running events start at 8 p.m. The final day of competition kicks off at 11:15 a.m. with the field events, along with running events beginning at noon on Saturday.
Live results will be available for fans by clicking on the "Live Results" link on USU's track and field page. A full recap of the three-day competition will also be posted to the website at the conclusion of the meet Saturday.
"We are excited to go to this meet. We are taking almost everybody and I am happy about that. It is a good meet for all calibers of our team and we are excited for the athletes to have a chance to compete," USU head coach Gregg Gensel said. "We are just trying to improve and get better. The athletes are really excited about getting into some warmer weather."
The Aggies host their lone home meet of the year, the Mark Faldmo Invitational, on Friday and Saturday, April 19-20, at Ralph Maughan Track Stadium in Logan, Utah.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 22
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21