With 2013 being the 50th anniversary of the Equal Pay Act, gender pay has been buzzing in social discussions.
In 2012, the gender pay gap increased, according to a Deseret News article. On average, women earn $163 less each week than men. This data — which says that women earn 77 cents compared to every dollar men make — comes from the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2011 Current Population Survey.
But another article points out that critics don’t believe the gender pay gap is a serious issue. They suggest the methodology used by the Census Bureau isn’t accurate.
The most common jobs for women are secretaries, K-8 teachers and registered nurses, according to NerdWallet. See the most equal paying jobs and the gender pay history in this infographic from NerdWallet.
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- How to be a billionaire
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 12
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 12
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 3
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah... 3