With 2013 being the 50th anniversary of the Equal Pay Act, gender pay has been buzzing in social discussions.
In 2012, the gender pay gap increased, according to a Deseret News article. On average, women earn $163 less each week than men. This data — which says that women earn 77 cents compared to every dollar men make — comes from the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2011 Current Population Survey.
But another article points out that critics don’t believe the gender pay gap is a serious issue. They suggest the methodology used by the Census Bureau isn’t accurate.
The most common jobs for women are secretaries, K-8 teachers and registered nurses, according to NerdWallet. See the most equal paying jobs and the gender pay history in this infographic from NerdWallet.
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Why do only half of Americans invest in stocks?
- Heavy reliance on US not sustainable,...
- Renovation Solutions: Three renovation...
- Did you file your taxes jointly or...
- April 15 may be Tax Day, but Tax Freedom Day...
- Happiness research inspired one business...
- Where does 'cool' come from?
- Minority of taxpayers pay majority of... 20
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 5
- Did you file your taxes jointly or... 4
- Finally, Congress OKs bill reshaping... 3
- European vacation as much as 25 percent... 3
- Heavy reliance on US not sustainable,... 3
- Happiness research inspired one... 3
- Why do only half of Americans invest in... 3