Mike Terry, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Three Utah post offices will provide extended collections of mail on April 15 to assist tax filers. In addition, 30 locations have self-service kiosks, which are available 24/7.
Customers who drop off their tax returns at the following locations by the time indicated below will receive an April 15 postmark: Salt Lake Main post office, 1760 W. 2100 South, hours extended to 8:15 p.m.; Provo East Bay post office, 936 S. 250 East, hours extended to 10 p.m.; Cedar City post office, 333 N. Main, will extend collection hours to midnight.
Postal customers are encouraged to check the collection times posted on each box to ensure pick up on April 15. Those who mail late in the day April 15 should take their tax returns to collection boxes located directly outside post offices providing extended collections. Stamps can be purchased through self-service kiosks, which accept debit and credit cards, and alternate locations, such as grocery stores and ATMs.
Customers using credit or debit cards and requesting a mail label will receive an April 15 postmark if the label is printed before midnight at the following locations: American Fork, Draper, Layton, Lehi, Logan, Ogden Ben Lomond branch, Ogden Mount Ogden station, Orem Main, Orem Mountain Shadows, Pleasant Grove, Provo, Provo Main, Riverton, Roy, South Jordan, St. George Red Rocks, St. George Downtown, Salt Lake City Cottonwood branch, Salt Lake City Downtown station, Salt Lake City Foothill station, Salt Lake City Kearns branch, Salt Lake City Main, Salt Lake City Millcreek branch, Salt Lake City Murray branch, Salt Lake City Sugarhouse station, Salt Lake City West Valley branch, Sandy Alta Canyon station, Sandy Main, and West Jordan.
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we thought
- Michaels stores confirm breach of as many as...
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem could mean...
- Ride-sharing business launches despite...
- Balancing act: French ban on after-hours...
- Utah jobless rate up slightly at 4.1 percent
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we... 27
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- Budget office: Raising federal minimum... 12
- Balancing act: French ban on... 10
- March another record-setting month for... 5
- Striking a balance: Moab's future... 4
- U.S. 'tax freedom day' is 3 days later... 4