The Utah Jazz were beaten by the Oklahoma City Thunder 90-80 in Salt Lake City Tuesday night.
The Thunder controlled most of the first half, earning a lead as big as 11 points. The Jazz were able to cut the deficit to two in the second quarter, but were still unable to take a lead. Utah finished the half down by 10.
The Jazz didn't manage to get back into the game until late in the fourth, when a Paul Millsap dunk cut the Thunder's lead to just four points with 23 seconds remaining. However, it was too little, too late, and Millsap undid his hard work with a turnover that led to a Russell Westbrook dunk, which effectively ended the game.
Utah was tormented by the pairing of Kevin Durant and Westbrook, who finished the game with 21 and 25 points respectively.
Mo Williams led scoring for the Jazz, with 19.
The Jazz were sitting just a half a game ahead of the Los Angeles Lakers before tonight's game, and now look sure to lose their place of eighth in the Western Conference. They are now 41-38 for the season.
Read on for some of the best tweets from Jazz nation throughout the night.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34