The Utah Jazz were beaten by the Oklahoma City Thunder 90-80 in Salt Lake City Tuesday night.
The Thunder controlled most of the first half, earning a lead as big as 11 points. The Jazz were able to cut the deficit to two in the second quarter, but were still unable to take a lead. Utah finished the half down by 10.
The Jazz didn't manage to get back into the game until late in the fourth, when a Paul Millsap dunk cut the Thunder's lead to just four points with 23 seconds remaining. However, it was too little, too late, and Millsap undid his hard work with a turnover that led to a Russell Westbrook dunk, which effectively ended the game.
Utah was tormented by the pairing of Kevin Durant and Westbrook, who finished the game with 21 and 25 points respectively.
Mo Williams led scoring for the Jazz, with 19.
The Jazz were sitting just a half a game ahead of the Los Angeles Lakers before tonight's game, and now look sure to lose their place of eighth in the Western Conference. They are now 41-38 for the season.
Read on for some of the best tweets from Jazz nation throughout the night.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22