What's new: 'Running Down Your Dreams' is an inspirational audio CD
Setting goals, overcoming obstacles, achieving dreams and following the Savior are topics covered in "Running Down Your Dreams," a new audio CD by LDS religious educator Hank Smith. Smith has produced more than eight CDs and is a popular youth speaker.
The CD consists of 21 tracks recorded live at what sounds like a fireside or youth event complete with laughter and references to visuals. Directed toward youths of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Smith's message centers on achieving goals and fulfilling God-given missions in life. One core message that Smith talks about is the idea that teens should become "front row teenagers," meaning that they are awake, engaged and participating in the gospel.
Smith relates a story about Erik Weihenmayer, the first blind man to climb Mount Everest, and how he overcame tremendous obstacles to reach his goal. Smith also uses stories and analogies pertaining to running marathons. He explains that people are their own creative force in life and will never fail if they keep going. He gives three ways to achieve dreams:
- Never skip an aid station (things and people that can help us along the journey)
- Conquer complaining and comparing yourself to others
- Keep moving forward
Ryan Morgenegg is a multimedia specialist for the Deseret News.
- LDS Church announces feature-length...
- LDS Church announces new seminary graduation...
- SUU coach Ed Lamb not a Mormon, but serves...
- Elder Bednar invites Mormons to use social...
- Mormons on social media react to Elder...
- Watch: Elder David A. Bednar speaks about the...
- Nicholls State assistant football coach is...
- Angel Moroni statues placed atop 2 LDS temples
- SUU coach Ed Lamb not a Mormon, but... 35
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Elder Bednar invites Mormons to use... 21
- Elder Russell M. Nelson speaks at BYU... 20
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland posts picture... 15
- Clashing visions threaten religious... 12
- New Harmony: Mustering a mustard seed... 10
- LDS Church announces feature-length... 7