What's new: 'Running Down Your Dreams' is an inspirational audio CD
Setting goals, overcoming obstacles, achieving dreams and following the Savior are topics covered in "Running Down Your Dreams," a new audio CD by LDS religious educator Hank Smith. Smith has produced more than eight CDs and is a popular youth speaker.
The CD consists of 21 tracks recorded live at what sounds like a fireside or youth event complete with laughter and references to visuals. Directed toward youths of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Smith's message centers on achieving goals and fulfilling God-given missions in life. One core message that Smith talks about is the idea that teens should become "front row teenagers," meaning that they are awake, engaged and participating in the gospel.
Smith relates a story about Erik Weihenmayer, the first blind man to climb Mount Everest, and how he overcame tremendous obstacles to reach his goal. Smith also uses stories and analogies pertaining to running marathons. He explains that people are their own creative force in life and will never fail if they keep going. He gives three ways to achieve dreams:
- Never skip an aid station (things and people that can help us along the journey)
- Conquer complaining and comparing yourself to others
- Keep moving forward
Ryan Morgenegg is a multimedia specialist for the Deseret News.
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- Pope visits Auschwitz in silence, meets...
- Pope urges clergy to go into the world, tend...
- Elder LeGrand R. Curtis Jr. addresses 'A...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees in Athens,...
- Famed British sextet highlights Pioneer Day...
- Pioneer Day sunrise service: 'A legacy of faith'
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 45
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 34
- 'Duck Dynasty' star: Media,... 26
- Defending the Faith: The 18th annual... 20
- 5 prayers to God that were just uttered... 20
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- The Clean Cut: New BYU football video... 15
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 12