Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
MURRAY — In partnership with TreeUtah and Salt Lake County's 1 Million Trees for 1 Million People program, AT&T and the Utah Jazz hosted a community tree planting at the Kennecott Nature Center in Murray, planting trees with Murray High students.
During a halftime ceremony at Tuesday night's Jazz game against the Oklahoma City Thunder, AT&T officials presented TreeUtah and Salt Lake County with a $10,000 donation to benefit the tree initiative. To further assist with the effort, the first 10,000 fans in attendance will receive free tree saplings, courtesy of AT&T.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7