Woman, 75, hospitalized after being hit by car backing up
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A 75-year-old woman was in extremely critical condition Tuesday after being knocked down by a person backing out of a driveway.
The accident happened about 12:10 p.m. near 3646 E. 8200 South. A man in his 30s was backing his SUV out of his driveway and apparently didn't see an elderly woman walking by at that time, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Gary Young.
The vehicle wasn't going very fast, but the impact knocked the woman to the ground. She was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital with a head injury.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 75
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25