Woman, 75, hospitalized after being hit by car backing up
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A 75-year-old woman was in extremely critical condition Tuesday after being knocked down by a person backing out of a driveway.
The accident happened about 12:10 p.m. near 3646 E. 8200 South. A man in his 30s was backing his SUV out of his driveway and apparently didn't see an elderly woman walking by at that time, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Gary Young.
The vehicle wasn't going very fast, but the impact knocked the woman to the ground. She was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital with a head injury.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17