Woman, 75, hospitalized after being hit by car backing up
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A 75-year-old woman was in extremely critical condition Tuesday after being knocked down by a person backing out of a driveway.
The accident happened about 12:10 p.m. near 3646 E. 8200 South. A man in his 30s was backing his SUV out of his driveway and apparently didn't see an elderly woman walking by at that time, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Gary Young.
The vehicle wasn't going very fast, but the impact knocked the woman to the ground. She was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital with a head injury.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Women innovators leading by example
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 33
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9