Woman, 75, hospitalized after being hit by car backing up
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A 75-year-old woman was in extremely critical condition Tuesday after being knocked down by a person backing out of a driveway.
The accident happened about 12:10 p.m. near 3646 E. 8200 South. A man in his 30s was backing his SUV out of his driveway and apparently didn't see an elderly woman walking by at that time, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Gary Young.
The vehicle wasn't going very fast, but the impact knocked the woman to the ground. She was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital with a head injury.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9