USU softball: winter storm postpones Aggie softball game at Utah Valley on Tuesday
A mid–April winter storm that moved into Utah late Monday night has forced the postponement of Tuesday’s softball game between Utah State and Utah Valley in Orem. A rescheduled date will be announced at a later date and will be available as soon as possible on the USU website.
USU has been affected by the unpredictable April weather as last week's Western Athletic Conference showdown with UTSA was forced to relocate to Kaysville, Utah, due to rain in Cache Valley.
The Aggies will look to return to the field at LaRee and LeGrand Johnson Field on Wednesday, April 10, for a game with in-state rival Brigham Young. Weather permitting, action is set to get underway at 4 p.m. As always, admission to Wednesday’s game is free. Fans who attend Wednesday’s game will also have the chance to take part in Dollar Dog Day.
Utah State (8-29, 2-7) is coming off one of its best week's of the season, as it was able to win three of four games, including its first WAC series win since 2011.
USU is led by sophomore outfielder Hailey Froton who has a .313 batting average this season, as well as a team-leading three triples.
BYU enters Wednesday’s action with a 16-20 overall record and will be lead by JC Clayton, who is batting .385 this season.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45