BYU baseball: Tuesday's BYU-Utah baseball game postponed to May 14
Tuesday’s BYU-Utah baseball game has been postponed to Tuesday, May 14 at 6 p.m. in Provo.
“We moved the game for the safety of the players because of the cold and the wind with this snowstorm,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said after consulting with Utah coach Bill Kinneberg.
The Cougars (17-14 overall, 5-4 in the West Coast Conference) will be in action Thursday night to start a three-game league series with the University of Portland (12-20, 4-5 WCC).
“This series with Portland is huge for us and is one that could determine our fate in the conference standings,” Littlewood said. “We look at these games as must wins.”
Utah (14-14 and 4-8 in the Pac-12) is next scheduled to play this Friday at No. 6 Oregon State (25-5, 7-2) to start a three-game series in Corvallis, Ore.
BYU and Utah are scheduled to next play April 23 in Provo at 6 p.m., followed by a May 7 game at 6 p.m. in Salt Lake City.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- Tanner Mangum's on-the-job training continues...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 32
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20
- Morning links: When will the Utes... 17