BYU baseball: Tuesday's BYU-Utah baseball game postponed to May 14
Tuesday’s BYU-Utah baseball game has been postponed to Tuesday, May 14 at 6 p.m. in Provo.
“We moved the game for the safety of the players because of the cold and the wind with this snowstorm,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said after consulting with Utah coach Bill Kinneberg.
The Cougars (17-14 overall, 5-4 in the West Coast Conference) will be in action Thursday night to start a three-game league series with the University of Portland (12-20, 4-5 WCC).
“This series with Portland is huge for us and is one that could determine our fate in the conference standings,” Littlewood said. “We look at these games as must wins.”
Utah (14-14 and 4-8 in the Pac-12) is next scheduled to play this Friday at No. 6 Oregon State (25-5, 7-2) to start a three-game series in Corvallis, Ore.
BYU and Utah are scheduled to next play April 23 in Provo at 6 p.m., followed by a May 7 game at 6 p.m. in Salt Lake City.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high...
- Felt's Facts, championship edition: Breaking...
- Return to Utah allows Southern Virginia...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The championship edition
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars past...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 136
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 92
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- BYU to welcome FCS team Savannah State... 39
- Utes still have outside chance at... 30
- Brady Poppinga: From an early age I... 24
- Utah moves up to No. 20/21 after... 22
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21