BYU baseball: Tuesday's BYU-Utah baseball game postponed to May 14
Tuesday’s BYU-Utah baseball game has been postponed to Tuesday, May 14 at 6 p.m. in Provo.
“We moved the game for the safety of the players because of the cold and the wind with this snowstorm,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said after consulting with Utah coach Bill Kinneberg.
The Cougars (17-14 overall, 5-4 in the West Coast Conference) will be in action Thursday night to start a three-game league series with the University of Portland (12-20, 4-5 WCC).
“This series with Portland is huge for us and is one that could determine our fate in the conference standings,” Littlewood said. “We look at these games as must wins.”
Utah (14-14 and 4-8 in the Pac-12) is next scheduled to play this Friday at No. 6 Oregon State (25-5, 7-2) to start a three-game series in Corvallis, Ore.
BYU and Utah are scheduled to next play April 23 in Provo at 6 p.m., followed by a May 7 game at 6 p.m. in Salt Lake City.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at email@example.com.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot... 22