BYU baseball: Tuesday's BYU-Utah baseball game postponed to May 14
Tuesday’s BYU-Utah baseball game has been postponed to Tuesday, May 14 at 6 p.m. in Provo.
“We moved the game for the safety of the players because of the cold and the wind with this snowstorm,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said after consulting with Utah coach Bill Kinneberg.
The Cougars (17-14 overall, 5-4 in the West Coast Conference) will be in action Thursday night to start a three-game league series with the University of Portland (12-20, 4-5 WCC).
“This series with Portland is huge for us and is one that could determine our fate in the conference standings,” Littlewood said. “We look at these games as must wins.”
Utah (14-14 and 4-8 in the Pac-12) is next scheduled to play this Friday at No. 6 Oregon State (25-5, 7-2) to start a three-game series in Corvallis, Ore.
BYU and Utah are scheduled to next play April 23 in Provo at 6 p.m., followed by a May 7 game at 6 p.m. in Salt Lake City.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20