USU golf: Tanner Higham tied for 43rd after opening round of Wyoming-hosted Cowboy Classic
Utah State junior golfer Tanner Higham (Shelley, Idaho) is currently tied for 43rd after carding a 7-over 77 during the opening round of the Wyoming hosted Cowboy Classic held at the Talking Stick-North Course on Monday. The second round of the tournament, which was scheduled for Monday afternoon, was cancelled due to very windy and dusty conditions.
Utah State currently sits in 23rd place in the 24-team field with a 42-over 322. Wichita State has a five-shot lead on the field after the first round with a 14-over 294, while Kansas State’s Curtis Yonke, UC Santa Barbara’s Glen Scher and Wichita State’s Louis Cohen Boyer all posted even par 70's to sit atop the leaderboard.
Freshman Reed Platke (Whitefish, Mont.) is tied for 54th for Utah State after carding an 8-over 78 during his opening round, while senior Brendan Dennis (Roosevelt, Utah) is tied for 86th after posting an 11-over 81. Freshman Seokwon Jeon (Salt Lake City, Utah) is tied for 121st with a 16-over 86, and junior Zach Waxler (Casper, Wyo.) is in 125th after carding an 18-over 88.
The event will conclude Tuesday with one 18-round beginning at 7:30 a.m. PT with a shotgun start.
1. Wichita State – 294 (+14)
2. Gonzaga – 299 (+19)
3. Arizona – 301 (+21)
4. Kansas State – 303 (+23)
5. Old Dominion – 304 (+24)
23. UTAH STATE – 322 (+42)
1. Curtis Yonke, Kansas State – 70 (E)
1. Glen Scher, UC Santa Barbara – 70 (E)
1. Louis Cohen Boyer, Wichita State – 70 (E)
4. Daniel Engle, Utah – 71 (+1)
4. Travis Johnsen, Gonzaga – 71 (+1)
UTAH STATE INDIVIDUAL RESULTS
T43. Tanner Higham – 77 (+7)
T54. Reed Platke – 78 (+8)
T86. Brendan Dennis – 81 (+11)
T121. Seokwon Jeon – 86 (+16)
125. Zach Waxler – 88 (+18)
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20