Nielsen will serve in the First Quorum of the Seventy, it was announced over the weekend. This might take some adjusting to on his part. For instance, Rock On sources say he’s already been asked to avoid referring to missionary expansion as “moving the chains.”
The same sources say he has also been advised not to refer to any change in stake presidencies as "calling an audible."
TIES THAT BIND
It’s a good thing the Lobos had it in writing.
Steve Alford signed a 10-year contract with New Mexico in March, and 10 days later left for UCLA.
Sources say Alford’s new deal includes a promise to stay seven years or until he next changes his oil, whichever comes first.
Meanwhile, Southern Cal hired Florida Gulf Coast coach Andy Enfield.
Shaka Smart, Gravelle Craig, Barclay Radebaugh, Duggar Baucom, Dedrique Taylor
Three hundred and forty-seven college basketball coaches and L.A. can’t come up with more intriguing names than Steve and Andy?
Tiger Woods is dating skier Lindsey Vonn. Prior to that, the papers had him reuniting with ex-wife Elin Nordegren.
In either case, Rock On has just one question: They wouldn’t even think of marrying in Vegas, would they?
At the annual White House Easter Egg Roll, President Obama took to the basketball court, but made only 2 of 22 shots.
It’s safe to say that, just like his deficit reduction plan, he laid an egg.
The Salt Lake Bees were introduced during halftime of the Jazz-Nuggets game last week, after which they tossed T-shirts into the crowd.
It all worked out nicely until pitcher Barry Enright stared down owner Gail Miller and then backed her off with a high, tight fastball.
Pete Rose told Grantland he thinks unwritten baseball rules such as not bunting during a no-hitter and not taking extra bases in a blowout are “stupid.”
No word what he thinks about the written rules, like not betting on games.
Louisville guard Kevin Ware — via Letterman’s top 10 — on his first thoughts after suffering a gruesome broken leg: “Heat then ice? Or ice then heat?”
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: therockmonster; Facebook: therockmonster
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 33
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 30
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28