Nielsen will serve in the First Quorum of the Seventy, it was announced over the weekend. This might take some adjusting to on his part. For instance, Rock On sources say he’s already been asked to avoid referring to missionary expansion as “moving the chains.”
The same sources say he has also been advised not to refer to any change in stake presidencies as "calling an audible."
TIES THAT BIND
It’s a good thing the Lobos had it in writing.
Steve Alford signed a 10-year contract with New Mexico in March, and 10 days later left for UCLA.
Sources say Alford’s new deal includes a promise to stay seven years or until he next changes his oil, whichever comes first.
Meanwhile, Southern Cal hired Florida Gulf Coast coach Andy Enfield.
Shaka Smart, Gravelle Craig, Barclay Radebaugh, Duggar Baucom, Dedrique Taylor
Three hundred and forty-seven college basketball coaches and L.A. can’t come up with more intriguing names than Steve and Andy?
Tiger Woods is dating skier Lindsey Vonn. Prior to that, the papers had him reuniting with ex-wife Elin Nordegren.
In either case, Rock On has just one question: They wouldn’t even think of marrying in Vegas, would they?
At the annual White House Easter Egg Roll, President Obama took to the basketball court, but made only 2 of 22 shots.
It’s safe to say that, just like his deficit reduction plan, he laid an egg.
The Salt Lake Bees were introduced during halftime of the Jazz-Nuggets game last week, after which they tossed T-shirts into the crowd.
It all worked out nicely until pitcher Barry Enright stared down owner Gail Miller and then backed her off with a high, tight fastball.
Pete Rose told Grantland he thinks unwritten baseball rules such as not bunting during a no-hitter and not taking extra bases in a blowout are “stupid.”
No word what he thinks about the written rules, like not betting on games.
Louisville guard Kevin Ware — via Letterman’s top 10 — on his first thoughts after suffering a gruesome broken leg: “Heat then ice? Or ice then heat?”
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: therockmonster; Facebook: therockmonster
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- BYU football what you may have missed: Not...
- Jazz lose 106-103 heartbreaker to the...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 109
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 70
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 64
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 46
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 36
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for... 33