Ogden police, FBI seek man who used rifle to rob credit union
OGDEN — Police are working along with the FBI to identify a masked man who used a rifle to rob a credit union.
Police said the man entered Wasatch Peaks Credit Union, 3021 S. 1900 West, just before 1 p.m. Saturday. He was described as white, about 5 feet 8 inches and 180 pounds. He was wearing a long blue coat, denim pants, mask and a yellow hard hat.
The man "used (the rifle) in the commission of the robbery," police said, but officials declined to specify whether he threatened anyone with the weapon. He fled the bank with an undisclosed amount of money.
An FBI spokesman said it appears it was an "isolated incident," and the man does not appear to be linked to other crimes along with Wasatch Front.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to contact the FBI at 801-395-2004.
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 22
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Race heating up as congressional... 11