Ogden police, FBI seek man who used rifle to rob credit union
OGDEN — Police are working along with the FBI to identify a masked man who used a rifle to rob a credit union.
Police said the man entered Wasatch Peaks Credit Union, 3021 S. 1900 West, just before 1 p.m. Saturday. He was described as white, about 5 feet 8 inches and 180 pounds. He was wearing a long blue coat, denim pants, mask and a yellow hard hat.
The man "used (the rifle) in the commission of the robbery," police said, but officials declined to specify whether he threatened anyone with the weapon. He fled the bank with an undisclosed amount of money.
An FBI spokesman said it appears it was an "isolated incident," and the man does not appear to be linked to other crimes along with Wasatch Front.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to contact the FBI at 801-395-2004.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15