Ogden police, FBI seek man who used rifle to rob credit union
OGDEN — Police are working along with the FBI to identify a masked man who used a rifle to rob a credit union.
Police said the man entered Wasatch Peaks Credit Union, 3021 S. 1900 West, just before 1 p.m. Saturday. He was described as white, about 5 feet 8 inches and 180 pounds. He was wearing a long blue coat, denim pants, mask and a yellow hard hat.
The man "used (the rifle) in the commission of the robbery," police said, but officials declined to specify whether he threatened anyone with the weapon. He fled the bank with an undisclosed amount of money.
An FBI spokesman said it appears it was an "isolated incident," and the man does not appear to be linked to other crimes along with Wasatch Front.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to contact the FBI at 801-395-2004.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 85
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16