Ogden police, FBI seek man who used rifle to rob credit union
OGDEN — Police are working along with the FBI to identify a masked man who used a rifle to rob a credit union.
Police said the man entered Wasatch Peaks Credit Union, 3021 S. 1900 West, just before 1 p.m. Saturday. He was described as white, about 5 feet 8 inches and 180 pounds. He was wearing a long blue coat, denim pants, mask and a yellow hard hat.
The man "used (the rifle) in the commission of the robbery," police said, but officials declined to specify whether he threatened anyone with the weapon. He fled the bank with an undisclosed amount of money.
An FBI spokesman said it appears it was an "isolated incident," and the man does not appear to be linked to other crimes along with Wasatch Front.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to contact the FBI at 801-395-2004.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 89
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 37
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 22
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 18