SALT LAKE CITY — University Neighborhood Partner, a department of the University of Utah, will celebrate the grand opening of the new 10,000-square-foot Hartland Partnership Center at 3 p.m. Tuesday, April 16.
Located at 1578 W. 1700 South, the Hartland Partnership Center brings together U. faculty and students, nonprofit organizations and residents of west Salt Lake City to address economic, linguistic and social barriers.
The center has space for faculty, students, community organizations and residents to work together to address issues such as English language acquisition, family financial literacy, citizenship, after-school programs, employment skills, health care education and life skills training.
Current Hartland partnerships from the U. include the College of Social Work, Division of Occupational Therapy, Department of Family and Consumer Studies, College of Law, College of Education, College of Nursing, Division of Human Resources and the Physician’s Assistant Program.
Current community partners include the English Skills Learning Center, Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake, Bad Dog Arts, Because He First Loved Us, the Hartland Resident Committee, Mountain View Elementary School, Glendale Middle School and Splore.
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- 1 number you should check each year to avoid...
- The key ingredient to a more fulfilling life
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Hero2Hire helps veterans, spouses find...
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring...
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- More jobs are available, but new grads... 5
- Media CEOs are the highest-paid... 3
- Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya... 1
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs 1