Amy Rees Anderson: Being passionate about work can increase chance of success
What is important is for each of us is to figure out what is the passion inside of you that will drive you to become the very best you can be. What is the passion that makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning ready to take on the world? What is the passion that will help you keep going when everything around you appears to be falling apart? What is the passion that will make you want to give 110 percent of yourself, rather than putting in the minimum requirement to pick up a paycheck? What is that passion for you? Then, once you identify your passion you can really begin to figure out what roads lie ahead that will allow you to pursue it.
I find it interesting that when interviews have been conducted with some of the most financially successful people of our time they almost always contain a similar thread, which is that the key to their success involved following their passion.Warren Buffett, in giving secrets to success, expressed the importance of finding what brings meaning to your life and making it your focus each day. Steve Jobs of Apple Inc. expressed that people should do what they love doing, sharing that it was his passion for his work and a belief that "people with passion can change the world for the better" that drove him. Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook told a crowd at BYU that people should find that thing they are most passionate about and pursue it. Zuckerberg said, "I think it's important if you're going to take on any big challenge, that you just love and really have faith in what you're doing. That I think is the most important advice I would say."
I do believe that if you are truly passionate about the work you are doing, you will have the greatest chance of achieving financial success. I believe that when we are passionate about something we have more energy, we work much harder, we get more creative, we search more diligently for solutions when difficult problems arise, and we inspire others who work alongside us. Each of those elements helps to increase our chances of success. But above all else, I believe we are the happiest when we are pursuing our passions in life, and that is the very best kind of success.
Amy Rees Anderson is the Founder and Managing Partner of REES Capital, a Mentoring and Angel Investing Firm. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow her daily blog at www.amyreesanderson.com/blog.
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking end of...
- 5 tips for a successful job interview
- Why workers aren't taking vacation time, and...
- Salt Lake's 'passive' house a model of...
- Provo airport expansion could provide up to...
- Utah Small Business Development Center gets...
- 5 things to do when quitting your job
- Get all your outdoors work done by 2030,...
- Get all your outdoors work done by... 12
- Salt Lake's 'passive' house a model of... 6
- Provo airport expansion could provide... 5
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 2
- 5 tips for a successful job interview 2
- Why workers aren't taking vacation... 1
- 5 things to do when quitting your job 1
- Utah Small Business Development Center... 0