Utah Jazz notebook: Derrick Favors tunes out the Lakers, turns up his game against Golden State
Better than having young guys watch MTV and reality TV shows, right?
"Well," Corbin said with a laugh, "there's enough time to watch that, too."
After Sunday night, Favors will likely see some of his own highlights if he watches sports shows.
Guard Randy Foye spoke highly of Favors, who had a key block in the final 45 seconds of the Jazz's win.
"He played his butt off tonight and was the MVP of tonight's game," Foye said.
Foye admitted Favors might share that honor with Mo Williams, who scored 25 points, including a game-clinching 3-pointer with 13.4 seconds remaining.
But Favors played so well and had such a monstrous impact in this one even Al Jefferson didn't mind sitting out part of the final minute in Favors' favor. The third-year backup big man responded by breaking up a pick-and-roll play and then blocking a shot.
"That's amazing to me. I think D-Fav is the big key to that. Coach subbed me out there toward the end to put him back in. I couldn't have (been) happier," Jefferson said. "I felt like that was the right move, and he made a big defensive stop there towards the end."
It wasn't on TV, but Jefferson loved watching that, especially because it helped the Jazz move ahead of the Lakers into a playoff position.
"I think Derrick Favors is really the key reason why our defense is so great, especially in crunch time of the game," Jefferson said. "He's just a great above-the-rim shot blocker. He changes a lot of shots when guys come down through there and that's what we need."
It's not a stretch to think that beats watching a Lakers loss.
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 224
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 75
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 61
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 53
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 34
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 31
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 24