Utah Jazz notebook: Derrick Favors tunes out the Lakers, turns up his game against Golden State
Better than having young guys watch MTV and reality TV shows, right?
"Well," Corbin said with a laugh, "there's enough time to watch that, too."
After Sunday night, Favors will likely see some of his own highlights if he watches sports shows.
Guard Randy Foye spoke highly of Favors, who had a key block in the final 45 seconds of the Jazz's win.
"He played his butt off tonight and was the MVP of tonight's game," Foye said.
Foye admitted Favors might share that honor with Mo Williams, who scored 25 points, including a game-clinching 3-pointer with 13.4 seconds remaining.
But Favors played so well and had such a monstrous impact in this one even Al Jefferson didn't mind sitting out part of the final minute in Favors' favor. The third-year backup big man responded by breaking up a pick-and-roll play and then blocking a shot.
"That's amazing to me. I think D-Fav is the big key to that. Coach subbed me out there toward the end to put him back in. I couldn't have (been) happier," Jefferson said. "I felt like that was the right move, and he made a big defensive stop there towards the end."
It wasn't on TV, but Jefferson loved watching that, especially because it helped the Jazz move ahead of the Lakers into a playoff position.
"I think Derrick Favors is really the key reason why our defense is so great, especially in crunch time of the game," Jefferson said. "He's just a great above-the-rim shot blocker. He changes a lot of shots when guys come down through there and that's what we need."
It's not a stretch to think that beats watching a Lakers loss.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16