Salt Lake City's bike sharing initiative ready to launch
Still, several logistical questions remain for the Greenbike project to experiment with. Bike Salt Lake City will be tracking the flow of riders to and from each station to ensure none of the locations run out of bicycles, and officials remain undecided about whether or not to operate the program at full capacity during the winter months.
“We’re going to be monitoring use as the weather gets colder,” Raymond said. “Different cities with severe winters that are similar (to Salt Lake) have taken different approaches, so it’s something we’ll need to feel our way through.”
Riders are not required to use their own locks unless they plan on securing a bike at another location during their 30-minute check-out interval. Yearlong pass holders receive a free Bern helmet when they register online.
GREENbike will officially launch at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the west entrance of Gallivan Plaza. The public is invited to attend the ceremony.
The program will launch with 10 kiosks at the following locations:
• Harmons Station; 135 E. 100 South
• Key Bank Station at Temple Square
• Squatter’s Station, 157 W. 300 South
• 348 W. 200 South
• Backcountry.com Station at Visit Salt Lake. 66 S. West Temple
• Exchange Place, 357 S. Main
• Fidelity Station at The Gateway, 400 W. North Temple
• Rocky Mountain Power Station at Gallivan Center; 225 S. Main
• Tour of Utah Station, 349 S. 200 East
• Intermodal Hub; 290 S. 600 West
- Markets reel as world absorbs shock of UK...
- Asian stocks mixed as markets await Brexit...
- Stocks, pound fall again due to UK vote...
- US economy grew at slightly faster 1.1...
- 'Avatar' mobile game landing ahead of film...
- US home prices climb in April; 7 cities set...
- Volkswagen settles emissions-cheating cases...
- How Amazon's Dash buttons can thwart smart...
- Stocks, pound fall again due to UK vote... 8
- Trial ordered for politician accused of... 7
- What Costco shoppers should know about... 5
- Costco begins new credit card agreement 4
- Delta pilots picket for better pay in... 3
- Volkswagen settles emissions-cheating... 3
- Allegiant Air adding flights from Provo... 3
- Gap between Salt Lake renters, owners... 2