Still, several logistical questions remain for the Greenbike project to experiment with. Bike Salt Lake City will be tracking the flow of riders to and from each station to ensure none of the locations run out of bicycles, and officials remain undecided about whether or not to operate the program at full capacity during the winter months.
“We’re going to be monitoring use as the weather gets colder,” Raymond said. “Different cities with severe winters that are similar (to Salt Lake) have taken different approaches, so it’s something we’ll need to feel our way through.”
Riders are not required to use their own locks unless they plan on securing a bike at another location during their 30-minute check-out interval. Yearlong pass holders receive a free Bern helmet when they register online.
GREENbike will officially launch at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the west entrance of Gallivan Plaza. The public is invited to attend the ceremony.
The program will launch with 10 kiosks at the following locations:
• Harmons Station; 135 E. 100 South
• Key Bank Station at Temple Square
• Squatter’s Station, 157 W. 300 South
• 348 W. 200 South
• Backcountry.com Station at Visit Salt Lake. 66 S. West Temple
• Exchange Place, 357 S. Main
• Fidelity Station at The Gateway, 400 W. North Temple
• Rocky Mountain Power Station at Gallivan Center; 225 S. Main
• Tour of Utah Station, 349 S. 200 East
• Intermodal Hub; 290 S. 600 West
- Obama shows his funny side while promoting...
- How expensive is your ego?
- Commuter rail travel increased from 2012 to...
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan if...
- Eat a cookie, help a child: Chick-fil-A...
- 'A treasured tradition:' KSL Radiothon...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 16
- Obama shows his funny side while... 13
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Commuter rail travel increased from... 7
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 4
- For women, lower grades might mean more... 2
- Small town residents: Chevron pizza... 1