MOAB — Two teenagers were in custody Sunday for investigation of homicide after a man was found dead on the outskirts of Moab the day before.
Gregorio Salazar Compos, 33, was found dead Saturday at an undisclosed location. Compos had been missing since March 29 when his sister reported to police that he did not show up for work, according to Grand County Sheriff Steven White.
The investigation led the sheriff's office to the location of Compos' remains, White said. Further investigation led police to the two teenage boys, but further details on what led investigators to the teenagers was not released.
"As to how all this plays out, we're still working on all that," White said.
The cause of death was not been released due to the ongoing investigation.
The names of the two arrested teenagers were not released. Compo’s body has been sent to the Utah Medical Examiner as part of the investigation into his cause of death.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 23
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8