MOAB — Two teenagers were in custody Sunday for investigation of homicide after a man was found dead on the outskirts of Moab the day before.
Gregorio Salazar Compos, 33, was found dead Saturday at an undisclosed location. Compos had been missing since March 29 when his sister reported to police that he did not show up for work, according to Grand County Sheriff Steven White.
The investigation led the sheriff's office to the location of Compos' remains, White said. Further investigation led police to the two teenage boys, but further details on what led investigators to the teenagers was not released.
"As to how all this plays out, we're still working on all that," White said.
The cause of death was not been released due to the ongoing investigation.
The names of the two arrested teenagers were not released. Compo’s body has been sent to the Utah Medical Examiner as part of the investigation into his cause of death.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18