MOAB — Two teenagers were in custody Sunday for investigation of homicide after a man was found dead on the outskirts of Moab the day before.
Gregorio Salazar Compos, 33, was found dead Saturday at an undisclosed location. Compos had been missing since March 29 when his sister reported to police that he did not show up for work, according to Grand County Sheriff Steven White.
The investigation led the sheriff's office to the location of Compos' remains, White said. Further investigation led police to the two teenage boys, but further details on what led investigators to the teenagers was not released.
"As to how all this plays out, we're still working on all that," White said.
The cause of death was not been released due to the ongoing investigation.
The names of the two arrested teenagers were not released. Compo’s body has been sent to the Utah Medical Examiner as part of the investigation into his cause of death.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Lawmaker's proposal would offer free tuition...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 32
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27