OREM, Utah — After extended breaks, the Utah Valley University men's and women's golf teams are back in action Monday at the Mizzou Tiger Intercollegiate and Wyoming Cowgirl Invitational, respectively.
The Wolverine men's team hasn't seen action since placing eighth at the Bandon Dunes Championship on March 8-10, while the Wolverine women return to action for the first time since March 18-19 when they finished ninth at the BYU Classic in St. George.
Both tournaments can be followed at www.golfstat.com.
In addition to the host University of Missouri, Austin Peay, Cal Poly, Central Missouri, Columbia College, Creighton, Drake, IUPUI, Northern Iowa, South Dakota State and Washington State will compete in the Mizzou Intercollegiate being contested at the Par-72, 7,221 The Club at the Hawthorne.
The men will play 36 holes Monday, and the tournament will conclude with 18 holes Tuesday. Play begins at 7 a.m. MT each day.
Mason Casper leads the Wolverines in scoring average at 72.50 followed by Corey Eccles (74.77), Michael Dart (75.00), Stratton Schulz (75.18) and Brayden Eriksen (76.87).
At the Cowgirl Classic, Boise State, BYU, Colorado State, Eastern Washington, Montana State, New Mexico State, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado, Portland State, Sacramento State, Santa Clara, Seattle, Southern Utah, UTEP, Weber State and Xavier will compete in the event being contested at the Par-72, 6.299-yard Ocotillo Golf Club in Chandler, Ariz.
The Wolverines competed at Ocotillo Golf Club earlier in the year in a tournament hosted by Northern Arizona University.
The tournament will begin at 6:30 a.m. local time Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. A total of 18 holes will be played each day. The tournament will be the final event of the season before the Wolverines tee it up at the Great West Conference Championships on April 24-26 in San Antonio.
Senior Jordyn Dougal leads the Wolverines in scoring average at 77.48 followed by Lynn-Marie Nagel (78.52), Brooke Bliss (80.81), Hannah Herman (82.44) and Cassandra Lesa (83.06).
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Detroit Lions pick up fifth-year option on...
- Mike Sorensen: These awful NBA free-throw...
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 93
- Going the distance: BYU, Big 12 aren't... 78
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion probable... 65
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 36
- Utah baseball team surprisingly leads... 31
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 29
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 29
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 21