Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A new Young Women general presidency was called to serve by the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints during the Saturday afternoon session of the faith’s 183rd Annual General Conference.
Bonnie Lee Green Oscarson was called to be the new president of the Young Women general presidency, with Carol Louise Foley McConkie as her first counselor and Evelyn Neill Foote Marriott as second counselor.
Sister Oscarson comes to her new position with an impressive resume of church experience. She has served as both a ward Young Women president and as an early morning seminary instructor multiple times. From 1976 to 1979, she served with her husband, Paul Kent Oscarson, who was the president of the Sweden Göteborg Mission. From 2009 to 2012, she served as the matron of the Stockholm Sweden Temple. She holds a bachelor’s degree from BYU with an emphasis in British and American literature. She and her husband are the parents of seven children.
Most recently, Sister McConkie was serving on the Young Women General Board. She has served as a ward Young Women president, in a ward Relief Society presidency and in a ward Primary presidency. She has also served as a Primary teacher, Sunday School teacher and with her husband, Oscar W. McConkie III, who was president of the California San Jose Mission from 2005 to 2008. She holds a bachelor of arts in English education from Arizona State University. The McConkies are the parents of seven children.
Sister Marriott recently served as an ordinance worker in the Salt Lake Temple. She has also served as a stake Relief Society president, ward Relief Society president, ward Young Women president, gospel doctrine teacher, Primary teacher, Sunday School teacher and in many other callings. She served with her husband, David Cannon Marriott, who was president of the Sao Paulo Interlagos Mission from 2002 to 2005. She holds a bachelor of arts degree in English literature and secondary education from Southern Methodist University. The couple is the parents of 11 children.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 58
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from... 13