The Utah Jazz got back to winning ways with a much-needed victory over the New Orleans Hornets Friday night in Salt Lake City. This win keeps the Jazz just a half a game behind the Lakers, provided the team from L.A. wins their own game against Memphis.
The Hornets took an early lead, but the Jazz bench helped to fight back in the second quarter, earning Utah the lead before halftime.
The Jazz had a number of players step up on the night, with Paul Millsap picking up 17 points before halftime, and finishing the game with 20 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists. Gordon Hayward had an excellent second half, and ended the game with 23 points. Derrick Favors also added 10 points and 10 rebounds from the bench.
After a setback against Denver on Wednesday, this was an important win for the Jazz, who are fightin against the Lakers for that all-important eighth playoff spot. The Jazz are now 40-37 for the season.
Read on for some of the best tweets from Jazz nation throughout the night.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 53
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 30
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28