The Utah Jazz got back to winning ways with a much-needed victory over the New Orleans Hornets Friday night in Salt Lake City. This win keeps the Jazz just a half a game behind the Lakers, provided the team from L.A. wins their own game against Memphis.
The Hornets took an early lead, but the Jazz bench helped to fight back in the second quarter, earning Utah the lead before halftime.
The Jazz had a number of players step up on the night, with Paul Millsap picking up 17 points before halftime, and finishing the game with 20 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists. Gordon Hayward had an excellent second half, and ended the game with 23 points. Derrick Favors also added 10 points and 10 rebounds from the bench.
After a setback against Denver on Wednesday, this was an important win for the Jazz, who are fightin against the Lakers for that all-important eighth playoff spot. The Jazz are now 40-37 for the season.
Read on for some of the best tweets from Jazz nation throughout the night.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33