The Utah Jazz got back to winning ways with a much-needed victory over the New Orleans Hornets Friday night in Salt Lake City. This win keeps the Jazz just a half a game behind the Lakers, provided the team from L.A. wins their own game against Memphis.
The Hornets took an early lead, but the Jazz bench helped to fight back in the second quarter, earning Utah the lead before halftime.
The Jazz had a number of players step up on the night, with Paul Millsap picking up 17 points before halftime, and finishing the game with 20 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists. Gordon Hayward had an excellent second half, and ended the game with 23 points. Derrick Favors also added 10 points and 10 rebounds from the bench.
After a setback against Denver on Wednesday, this was an important win for the Jazz, who are fightin against the Lakers for that all-important eighth playoff spot. The Jazz are now 40-37 for the season.
Read on for some of the best tweets from Jazz nation throughout the night.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 45
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30