Blair had a phenomenal March including two top-five finishes and one tournament title. Through nine rounds of golf in March, Blair posted an impressive 69.44 average score.
Competing in the Fresno State Lexus Classic, Blair shot a seven-under 209 to finish tied for fifth place among a field of 104 golfers. The following week, Blair shot a five-over 218 to finish tied for fifth, helping his team to a second-place finish at the Triumph at Pauma Valley.
Blair caught fire at the 2013 Desert Shootout finishing with a 15-under 198, his best finish of the season. He took medalist honors by beating out second-place Hunter Sparks of Wichita State by seven strokes. Blair’s third-round 64 was his low round on the season and helped seal the Cougars’ first tournament title of the season.
Blair and the BYU men’s golf team will compete in the West Coast Conference Golf Championships on April 15-17 in Bremerton, Wash. Follow the three-day tournament live on golfstat.com.
Chris Scheitinger is a student at Brigham Young University studying Public Relations. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37