Blair had a phenomenal March including two top-five finishes and one tournament title. Through nine rounds of golf in March, Blair posted an impressive 69.44 average score.
Competing in the Fresno State Lexus Classic, Blair shot a seven-under 209 to finish tied for fifth place among a field of 104 golfers. The following week, Blair shot a five-over 218 to finish tied for fifth, helping his team to a second-place finish at the Triumph at Pauma Valley.
Blair caught fire at the 2013 Desert Shootout finishing with a 15-under 198, his best finish of the season. He took medalist honors by beating out second-place Hunter Sparks of Wichita State by seven strokes. Blair’s third-round 64 was his low round on the season and helped seal the Cougars’ first tournament title of the season.
Blair and the BYU men’s golf team will compete in the West Coast Conference Golf Championships on April 15-17 in Bremerton, Wash. Follow the three-day tournament live on golfstat.com.
Chris Scheitinger is a student at Brigham Young University studying Public Relations. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32