Blair had a phenomenal March including two top-five finishes and one tournament title. Through nine rounds of golf in March, Blair posted an impressive 69.44 average score.
Competing in the Fresno State Lexus Classic, Blair shot a seven-under 209 to finish tied for fifth place among a field of 104 golfers. The following week, Blair shot a five-over 218 to finish tied for fifth, helping his team to a second-place finish at the Triumph at Pauma Valley.
Blair caught fire at the 2013 Desert Shootout finishing with a 15-under 198, his best finish of the season. He took medalist honors by beating out second-place Hunter Sparks of Wichita State by seven strokes. Blair’s third-round 64 was his low round on the season and helped seal the Cougars’ first tournament title of the season.
Blair and the BYU men’s golf team will compete in the West Coast Conference Golf Championships on April 15-17 in Bremerton, Wash. Follow the three-day tournament live on golfstat.com.
Chris Scheitinger is a student at Brigham Young University studying Public Relations. Contact him at email@example.com
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45