Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
RIVERTON — Two people were critically injured Friday when an SUV plowed into the back of a small passenger vehicle.
Three cars were stopped in a row at the intersection of 12600 South and Bangerter Highway about noon. An SUV, traveling an estimated 50 to 60 mph, plowed into the back of the first vehicle — a small Honda — crushing the car and causing the SUV to flip onto its top, said Unified Police Sgt. Ken Hansen.
The two vehicles in front of the Honda were also damaged. A total of 10 people were checked by paramedics. The two occupants of the Honda were the only ones to be flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital.
Hansen said investigators were still looking into whether drugs, alcohol or distracted driving were factors.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10