Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
RIVERTON — Two people were critically injured Friday when an SUV plowed into the back of a small passenger vehicle.
Three cars were stopped in a row at the intersection of 12600 South and Bangerter Highway about noon. An SUV, traveling an estimated 50 to 60 mph, plowed into the back of the first vehicle — a small Honda — crushing the car and causing the SUV to flip onto its top, said Unified Police Sgt. Ken Hansen.
The two vehicles in front of the Honda were also damaged. A total of 10 people were checked by paramedics. The two occupants of the Honda were the only ones to be flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital.
Hansen said investigators were still looking into whether drugs, alcohol or distracted driving were factors.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 35
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17