Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
RIVERTON — Two people were critically injured Friday when an SUV plowed into the back of a small passenger vehicle.
Three cars were stopped in a row at the intersection of 12600 South and Bangerter Highway about noon. An SUV, traveling an estimated 50 to 60 mph, plowed into the back of the first vehicle — a small Honda — crushing the car and causing the SUV to flip onto its top, said Unified Police Sgt. Ken Hansen.
The two vehicles in front of the Honda were also damaged. A total of 10 people were checked by paramedics. The two occupants of the Honda were the only ones to be flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital.
Hansen said investigators were still looking into whether drugs, alcohol or distracted driving were factors.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14