Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
RIVERTON — Two people were critically injured Friday when an SUV plowed into the back of a small passenger vehicle.
Three cars were stopped in a row at the intersection of 12600 South and Bangerter Highway about noon. An SUV, traveling an estimated 50 to 60 mph, plowed into the back of the first vehicle — a small Honda — crushing the car and causing the SUV to flip onto its top, said Unified Police Sgt. Ken Hansen.
The two vehicles in front of the Honda were also damaged. A total of 10 people were checked by paramedics. The two occupants of the Honda were the only ones to be flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital.
Hansen said investigators were still looking into whether drugs, alcohol or distracted driving were factors.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8