Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
RIVERTON — Two people were critically injured Friday when an SUV plowed into the back of a small passenger vehicle.
Three cars were stopped in a row at the intersection of 12600 South and Bangerter Highway about noon. An SUV, traveling an estimated 50 to 60 mph, plowed into the back of the first vehicle — a small Honda — crushing the car and causing the SUV to flip onto its top, said Unified Police Sgt. Ken Hansen.
The two vehicles in front of the Honda were also damaged. A total of 10 people were checked by paramedics. The two occupants of the Honda were the only ones to be flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital.
Hansen said investigators were still looking into whether drugs, alcohol or distracted driving were factors.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12