18-year-old woman critically injured in West Jordan car accident
WEST JORDAN — A traffic accident left an 18-year-old woman in extremely critical condition Friday, according to police.
The woman was eastbound on 7600 South about 11:45 a.m. when she attempted to make a left turn at Redwood Road and drove into the path of an oncoming vehicle, said West Jordan Police Lt. Rich Bell.
The woman had to be extricated from her vehicle. She was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital. The driver of the second vehicle received minor injuries.
Investigators were not sure Friday why the woman didn't see the oncoming vehicle. They do not believe drugs, alcohol or speed were factors, Bell said. The speed limit on Redwood Road in that area is 45 mph.
Redwood Road at 7600 South was expected to be closed until about 2 p.m. while police investigated the accident.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15