WEST JORDAN — A traffic accident left an 18-year-old woman in extremely critical condition Friday, according to police.
The woman was eastbound on 7600 South about 11:45 a.m. when she attempted to make a left turn at Redwood Road and drove into the path of an oncoming vehicle, said West Jordan Police Lt. Rich Bell.
The woman had to be extricated from her vehicle. She was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital. The driver of the second vehicle received minor injuries.
Investigators were not sure Friday why the woman didn't see the oncoming vehicle. They do not believe drugs, alcohol or speed were factors, Bell said. The speed limit on Redwood Road in that area is 45 mph.
Redwood Road at 7600 South was expected to be closed until about 2 p.m. while police investigated the accident.
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 74
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24