18-year-old woman critically injured in West Jordan car accident
WEST JORDAN — A traffic accident left an 18-year-old woman in extremely critical condition Friday, according to police.
The woman was eastbound on 7600 South about 11:45 a.m. when she attempted to make a left turn at Redwood Road and drove into the path of an oncoming vehicle, said West Jordan Police Lt. Rich Bell.
The woman had to be extricated from her vehicle. She was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital. The driver of the second vehicle received minor injuries.
Investigators were not sure Friday why the woman didn't see the oncoming vehicle. They do not believe drugs, alcohol or speed were factors, Bell said. The speed limit on Redwood Road in that area is 45 mph.
Redwood Road at 7600 South was expected to be closed until about 2 p.m. while police investigated the accident.
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- Kaysville girl's death impacts community
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- 20-year-old woman killed after car veers off...
- Legend of Vernal bank built by bricks sent...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 56
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 30
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 22
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 18
- Teen in Springville family found dead... 18