18-year-old woman critically injured in West Jordan car accident
WEST JORDAN — A traffic accident left an 18-year-old woman in extremely critical condition Friday, according to police.
The woman was eastbound on 7600 South about 11:45 a.m. when she attempted to make a left turn at Redwood Road and drove into the path of an oncoming vehicle, said West Jordan Police Lt. Rich Bell.
The woman had to be extricated from her vehicle. She was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital. The driver of the second vehicle received minor injuries.
Investigators were not sure Friday why the woman didn't see the oncoming vehicle. They do not believe drugs, alcohol or speed were factors, Bell said. The speed limit on Redwood Road in that area is 45 mph.
Redwood Road at 7600 South was expected to be closed until about 2 p.m. while police investigated the accident.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7