18-year-old woman critically injured in West Jordan car accident
WEST JORDAN — A traffic accident left an 18-year-old woman in extremely critical condition Friday, according to police.
The woman was eastbound on 7600 South about 11:45 a.m. when she attempted to make a left turn at Redwood Road and drove into the path of an oncoming vehicle, said West Jordan Police Lt. Rich Bell.
The woman had to be extricated from her vehicle. She was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital. The driver of the second vehicle received minor injuries.
Investigators were not sure Friday why the woman didn't see the oncoming vehicle. They do not believe drugs, alcohol or speed were factors, Bell said. The speed limit on Redwood Road in that area is 45 mph.
Redwood Road at 7600 South was expected to be closed until about 2 p.m. while police investigated the accident.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29