10-year-old boy suspended after bringing gun to Richfield school
RICHFIELD — A 10-year-old boy was suspended from school this week after bringing a gun to school.
The principal at Pahvant Elementary School found the gun in the fifth-grader's backpack, according to a statement from the Richfield City Police Department. The Sevier County School District said another student reported the gun to the principal.
Police determined the gun was stolen from a family friend Monday night. The boy's intentions were not immediately known.
The boy was suspended for 10 days and also faces possible expulsion, as well as criminal charges.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12