RICHFIELD — A 10-year-old boy was suspended from school this week after bringing a gun to school.
The principal at Pahvant Elementary School found the gun in the fifth-grader's backpack, according to a statement from the Richfield City Police Department. The Sevier County School District said another student reported the gun to the principal.
Police determined the gun was stolen from a family friend Monday night. The boy's intentions were not immediately known.
The boy was suspended for 10 days and also faces possible expulsion, as well as criminal charges.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 33
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 13