10-year-old boy suspended after bringing gun to Richfield school
RICHFIELD — A 10-year-old boy was suspended from school this week after bringing a gun to school.
The principal at Pahvant Elementary School found the gun in the fifth-grader's backpack, according to a statement from the Richfield City Police Department. The Sevier County School District said another student reported the gun to the principal.
Police determined the gun was stolen from a family friend Monday night. The boy's intentions were not immediately known.
The boy was suspended for 10 days and also faces possible expulsion, as well as criminal charges.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14