10-year-old boy suspended after bringing gun to Richfield school
RICHFIELD — A 10-year-old boy was suspended from school this week after bringing a gun to school.
The principal at Pahvant Elementary School found the gun in the fifth-grader's backpack, according to a statement from the Richfield City Police Department. The Sevier County School District said another student reported the gun to the principal.
Police determined the gun was stolen from a family friend Monday night. The boy's intentions were not immediately known.
The boy was suspended for 10 days and also faces possible expulsion, as well as criminal charges.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 73
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 30
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14