RICHFIELD — A 10-year-old boy was suspended from school this week after bringing a gun to school.
The principal at Pahvant Elementary School found the gun in the fifth-grader's backpack, according to a statement from the Richfield City Police Department. The Sevier County School District said another student reported the gun to the principal.
Police determined the gun was stolen from a family friend Monday night. The boy's intentions were not immediately known.
The boy was suspended for 10 days and also faces possible expulsion, as well as criminal charges.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24