“Angels Watching Over You” is a compilation of short stories that show the Lord’s tender mercies. It is the third volume of stories from Judy C. Olsen.
It is a book that is meant to remind readers that the Lord is always in our lives. There are a wide variety of stories. They range from people being rescued from physical harm to people returning back to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
“Angels Watching Over You” is an excellent resource for lessons and talks. The stories all have multiple themes, so they are easy to insert in any LDS Church-related lesson.
A powerful story in the book is called “The Inconvenient Blessing” by Stephanie Daisch. The story begins by Daisch describing her frustration with housework. She says that one beautiful day she came home with the resolution that she and her children would go out to a park for the afternoon. After her children came home from school, Daisch piled them in the car and went to get Slurpees.
When they went to pay for the drinks, Daisch discovered she lost her wallet. Running home to grab the money, Daisch discovered that a bread machine was left on and was starting a fire in the house. She was quickly able to extinguish the fire. She recalls how grateful she was to her Heavenly Father.
This is not an earth-shattering story. The powerful part of the story is when Daisch describes how she knows Heavenly Father was watching out for her and her family.
The stories are short, but they are powerful and memorable. They will bring to remembrance stories that have been overlooked or forgotten in the readers' personal lives.
“Angels Watching Over You” is inspiring and faith-promoting. It is a powerful reminder that the Lord loves his children.
Judy Olsen lives in Sandy, with her husband. She has written articles for the Friend, New Era and Ensign.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- 18 must-see attractions on and around Temple...
- 'Amazed by Grace' by Sheri Dew explores...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 147
- Why I don’t call myself a... 91
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 60
- What Mormons should know about NBC's... 51
- Kara Tippetts, Christian who blogged... 26
- Why Ted Cruz launched his presidential... 17
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Alternative rock/indie band of 5... 9