Steven Kapp Perry: The Savior in art — Talk considers 'Seeking the Face of Christ'
What if you wanted to paint the being you worship? You might worry that you don’t have the skill, but what about an even more basic consideration — is it right to even try?
If you do try, then what kind of representation should you use? Classical, realistic or abstract? You’ll find all these questions and a lot more to think about and see in this excerpt from J. Kirk Richards’ recent keynote address at the 2013 conference of The Association for Mormon Letters, titled “Seek Ye the Face of Christ: Considerations in Depicting the Savior.”
And, because it’s such a visual presentation, we’ve made this a video podcast. Click here to view the presention.
That’s this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 62
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20