Steven Kapp Perry: The Savior in art — Talk considers 'Seeking the Face of Christ'
What if you wanted to paint the being you worship? You might worry that you don’t have the skill, but what about an even more basic consideration — is it right to even try?
If you do try, then what kind of representation should you use? Classical, realistic or abstract? You’ll find all these questions and a lot more to think about and see in this excerpt from J. Kirk Richards’ recent keynote address at the 2013 conference of The Association for Mormon Letters, titled “Seek Ye the Face of Christ: Considerations in Depicting the Savior.”
And, because it’s such a visual presentation, we’ve made this a video podcast. Click here to view the presention.
That’s this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5