Steven Kapp Perry: The Savior in art — Talk considers 'Seeking the Face of Christ'
What if you wanted to paint the being you worship? You might worry that you don’t have the skill, but what about an even more basic consideration — is it right to even try?
If you do try, then what kind of representation should you use? Classical, realistic or abstract? You’ll find all these questions and a lot more to think about and see in this excerpt from J. Kirk Richards’ recent keynote address at the 2013 conference of The Association for Mormon Letters, titled “Seek Ye the Face of Christ: Considerations in Depicting the Savior.”
And, because it’s such a visual presentation, we’ve made this a video podcast. Click here to view the presention.
That’s this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 106
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 35
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 34
- New friends plan to work together to... 24
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 14