Steven Kapp Perry: The Savior in art — Talk considers 'Seeking the Face of Christ'
What if you wanted to paint the being you worship? You might worry that you don’t have the skill, but what about an even more basic consideration — is it right to even try?
If you do try, then what kind of representation should you use? Classical, realistic or abstract? You’ll find all these questions and a lot more to think about and see in this excerpt from J. Kirk Richards’ recent keynote address at the 2013 conference of The Association for Mormon Letters, titled “Seek Ye the Face of Christ: Considerations in Depicting the Savior.”
And, because it’s such a visual presentation, we’ve made this a video podcast. Click here to view the presention.
That’s this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 37
- New DVD tells story of David... 10
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5