Steven Kapp Perry: The Savior in art — Talk considers 'Seeking the Face of Christ'
What if you wanted to paint the being you worship? You might worry that you don’t have the skill, but what about an even more basic consideration — is it right to even try?
If you do try, then what kind of representation should you use? Classical, realistic or abstract? You’ll find all these questions and a lot more to think about and see in this excerpt from J. Kirk Richards’ recent keynote address at the 2013 conference of The Association for Mormon Letters, titled “Seek Ye the Face of Christ: Considerations in Depicting the Savior.”
And, because it’s such a visual presentation, we’ve made this a video podcast. Click here to view the presention.
That’s this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- 6 Mormon sisters share uplifting music with...
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 69
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 18
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3
- LDS missionaries share messages about... 2
- Cracks in the ‘stained-glass... 2
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence 2