With the potential sale and relocation of the Sacramento Kings, Jimmer Fredette, along with his new wife, Whitney, are left wondering about their future with the team.
According to a recent interview by KCRA.com, the young newlyweds would love to stay in Sacramento and continue their new tradition of trying out all of the restaurants downtown; however, there are still unpacked boxes in their apartment due to the couple’s possible move to Seattle with the team.
“We love the city,” Jimmer said in the interview. “It’s not too big, but it has everything."
The Fredettes got married last June in the Denver Colorado Temple.
The two met at Brigham Young University when Jimmer was a sophomore guard for the school’s basketball team and Whitney was a freshman cheerleader.
According to an article on www.ksl.com, they began talking during the NCAA tournament in 2008.
Whitney was a good friend of Jimmer’s sister-in-law, Cami, and she made an excuse to text Jimmer when Cami’s phone “died” and needed to get in touch with him.
Jimmer said he knew long before Whitney that he wanted to marry her. By the summer of 2011, the couple got engaged.
“I’ve always wanted to get married in the temple, it’s always been a really important thing to me,” Whitney Fredette said in her wedding video. “I think the most important aspect of it is that we’ll be able to be sealed for time and all eternity”
The Fredettes are keeping busy in the capital city with Jimmer at work on the court and Whitney working at an equestrian farm.
Megan Marsden is an intern with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She is currently a junior at BYU-Idaho studying communication. The views of the writer do not reflect the views of BYU-Idaho.
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- How serving an LDS mission prepared me for...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between Lehite...
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins Colorado...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 256
- Marching band not allowed to perform... 105
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 44
- LDS Church releases statement after... 28
- Mormon woman will be first female West... 16
- Is there too much faith in college... 12
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 9
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins... 8