DEER VALLEY — A skier at Deer Valley Resort died Thursday after crashing into a tree on the slopes.
James Kimball, 38, who worked at the resort as a seasonal employee from 1994 to 2001, died about noon from severe head trauma when he hit a tree near the junction of Little Bell and Solid Muldoon runs.
Kimball was skiing alone and no one else was involved in the crash, according to a statement from the resort. Witnesses reported he was not wearing a helmet.
The two runs, located on Bald Eagle Mountain under the Silver Lake Express chair lift, were closed for about two hours following the accident.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Federal website fixes allowing more Utahns to...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 99
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18