DEER VALLEY — A skier at Deer Valley Resort died Thursday after crashing into a tree on the slopes.
James Kimball, 38, who worked at the resort as a seasonal employee from 1994 to 2001, died about noon from severe head trauma when he hit a tree near the junction of Little Bell and Solid Muldoon runs.
Kimball was skiing alone and no one else was involved in the crash, according to a statement from the resort. Witnesses reported he was not wearing a helmet.
The two runs, located on Bald Eagle Mountain under the Silver Lake Express chair lift, were closed for about two hours following the accident.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 60
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 14
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9