DEER VALLEY — A skier at Deer Valley Resort died Thursday after crashing into a tree on the slopes.
James Kimball, 38, who worked at the resort as a seasonal employee from 1994 to 2001, died about noon from severe head trauma when he hit a tree near the junction of Little Bell and Solid Muldoon runs.
Kimball was skiing alone and no one else was involved in the crash, according to a statement from the resort. Witnesses reported he was not wearing a helmet.
The two runs, located on Bald Eagle Mountain under the Silver Lake Express chair lift, were closed for about two hours following the accident.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12