DEER VALLEY — A skier at Deer Valley Resort died Thursday after crashing into a tree on the slopes.
James Kimball, 38, who worked at the resort as a seasonal employee from 1994 to 2001, died about noon from severe head trauma when he hit a tree near the junction of Little Bell and Solid Muldoon runs.
Kimball was skiing alone and no one else was involved in the crash, according to a statement from the resort. Witnesses reported he was not wearing a helmet.
The two runs, located on Bald Eagle Mountain under the Silver Lake Express chair lift, were closed for about two hours following the accident.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 68
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 36
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16