Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SOUTH JORDAN — Students crunched numbers and put their math skills to the test at Daybreak Elementary School on Thursday.
The students solved complicated math problems in groups and individually, trying to outscore other elementary students across the country as part of the Math Olympiad
About 100 students participated from public, private and charter schools from around the region.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 80
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12