PROVO — Two people were arrested this week by Provo police for allegedly selling drugs out of their home while their young children were inside.
A search warrant was about to executed on the house of Christian Jensen, 24, and Judy Jensen, 25, at 994 W. 100 South on Monday. But as officers were observing the house, they witnessed another man leaving.
Hector Valladares was stopped and found to be in possession of 22 balloons filled with heroin, said Provo police officer Chris Chambers. He was arrested for investigation of drug possession.
When officers went into the house to serve the warrant, they found 34 more balloons of heroin under a mattress, Chambers said. Drug paraphernalia was also discovered.
Three children, ages 6, 4 and 3, were taken into protective custody. Because of the children in the house, the Jensens were arrested for investigation of drug distribution within a drug free zone.
Chambers said it was the third time in three years that narcotics agents had served a search warrant at that house.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Bodies of couple killed in rock slide recovered
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9