Provo parents of 3 young kids sold heroin from home, police say
PROVO — Two people were arrested this week by Provo police for allegedly selling drugs out of their home while their young children were inside.
A search warrant was about to executed on the house of Christian Jensen, 24, and Judy Jensen, 25, at 994 W. 100 South on Monday. But as officers were observing the house, they witnessed another man leaving.
Hector Valladares was stopped and found to be in possession of 22 balloons filled with heroin, said Provo police officer Chris Chambers. He was arrested for investigation of drug possession.
When officers went into the house to serve the warrant, they found 34 more balloons of heroin under a mattress, Chambers said. Drug paraphernalia was also discovered.
Three children, ages 6, 4 and 3, were taken into protective custody. Because of the children in the house, the Jensens were arrested for investigation of drug distribution within a drug free zone.
Chambers said it was the third time in three years that narcotics agents had served a search warrant at that house.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 57
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 53
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Utah high school students unprepared... 15