Provo parents of 3 young kids sold heroin from home, police say
PROVO — Two people were arrested this week by Provo police for allegedly selling drugs out of their home while their young children were inside.
A search warrant was about to executed on the house of Christian Jensen, 24, and Judy Jensen, 25, at 994 W. 100 South on Monday. But as officers were observing the house, they witnessed another man leaving.
Hector Valladares was stopped and found to be in possession of 22 balloons filled with heroin, said Provo police officer Chris Chambers. He was arrested for investigation of drug possession.
When officers went into the house to serve the warrant, they found 34 more balloons of heroin under a mattress, Chambers said. Drug paraphernalia was also discovered.
Three children, ages 6, 4 and 3, were taken into protective custody. Because of the children in the house, the Jensens were arrested for investigation of drug distribution within a drug free zone.
Chambers said it was the third time in three years that narcotics agents had served a search warrant at that house.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 11
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 9