Provo parents of 3 young kids sold heroin from home, police say
PROVO — Two people were arrested this week by Provo police for allegedly selling drugs out of their home while their young children were inside.
A search warrant was about to executed on the house of Christian Jensen, 24, and Judy Jensen, 25, at 994 W. 100 South on Monday. But as officers were observing the house, they witnessed another man leaving.
Hector Valladares was stopped and found to be in possession of 22 balloons filled with heroin, said Provo police officer Chris Chambers. He was arrested for investigation of drug possession.
When officers went into the house to serve the warrant, they found 34 more balloons of heroin under a mattress, Chambers said. Drug paraphernalia was also discovered.
Three children, ages 6, 4 and 3, were taken into protective custody. Because of the children in the house, the Jensens were arrested for investigation of drug distribution within a drug free zone.
Chambers said it was the third time in three years that narcotics agents had served a search warrant at that house.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Chaffetz calls speaker bid a long shot, may...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 54
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 30
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12