SALT LAKE CITY — The tradition of Deseret Book's “Ladies' Night” continues during this April's priesthood session of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' general conference.
During Ladies' Night,” all regularly priced items will be 20 percent off. There will also be drawings, prizes and refreshments — some of which will be baked by the authors of “The Six Sisters’ Stuff” at City Creek, Layton and Orem. The first 100 women at each location will receive a free gift.
Information about signings at each Ladies' Night location can be found below. For more information, visit deseretbook.com.
City Creek (45 W. South Temple):
Friday, April 5:
Lunch and learn with artist Howard Lyon, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Marie Osmond, 6-8 p.m.
Saturday, April 6:
Bestselling author and speaker John Bytheway and BYU religion professor Dennis Largey, noon-1:30 p.m.
"Six Sisters" bloggers Kristen and Kendra; Gale Sears, "The Silence of God"; Julianne Donaldson, "Edenbrooke"; artist Liz Lemon Swindle; and musical performance and signing with Mckenzie Turley, 6-8 p.m.
Sugarhouse (2274 S. 1300 East):
Valerie Phillips, blogger and former food writer for Deseret News, 6-8 p.m.
Ft. Union (1110 Fort Union Blvd., Midvale):
University Village (1076 S. 750 East, Orem):
Anthony Sweat, "Mormons: An Open Book," noon-1:30 p.m.
Kathy Gordon of Covenant Communications, 4-5:30 p.m.
"Six Sisters" bloggers Camille and Stephanie; Merrille Boyack, "The Parenting Breakthrough"; Annette Lyon, "The Newport Ladies Book Club"; Sarah Eden, "Seeking Persephone"; and artist Annie Henrie, 6-8 p.m.
Orem Parkway (230 E. University Parkway, Orem):
Bernard Poduska, "For Love and Money: A Guide to Finances and Relationships for Latter-day Saints," noon-1:30 p.m.
Jennie Hansen, "The Bracelet" series, 6-8 p.m.
Ogden (339 E. 2500 South):
Nancy Allen, "Faith of Our Fathers," 6-8 p.m.
Riverdale (4145 Riverdale Road):
Michele Carnesecca, "What Are the Promises I Make at Baptism?" 6-8 p.m.
Layton Hills Mall (754 N. Main, Layton):
"Six Sisters" bloggers Elyse and Lauren; LuAnn and Crystalyn Nilson, author and photographer of "I Want to Be a Missionary"; and Brittany Chapman, "Women of Faith in the Latter Days," 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- LDS university president receives national...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Athletes, artists and LDS apostles: 46...
- Philanthropist forges ties with school...
- LDS Church dedicates Deseret Mill and Pasta...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 260
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 73
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 61
- Hamblin & Peterson: The authenticity of... 52
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 22
- LDS missionaries distribute 2,400... 19
- LDS university president receives... 16
- Why I make my kids go to church 8