SALT LAKE CITY — The tradition of Deseret Book's “Ladies' Night” continues during this April's priesthood session of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' general conference.
During Ladies' Night,” all regularly priced items will be 20 percent off. There will also be drawings, prizes and refreshments — some of which will be baked by the authors of “The Six Sisters’ Stuff” at City Creek, Layton and Orem. The first 100 women at each location will receive a free gift.
Information about signings at each Ladies' Night location can be found below. For more information, visit deseretbook.com.
City Creek (45 W. South Temple):
Friday, April 5:
Lunch and learn with artist Howard Lyon, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Marie Osmond, 6-8 p.m.
Saturday, April 6:
Bestselling author and speaker John Bytheway and BYU religion professor Dennis Largey, noon-1:30 p.m.
"Six Sisters" bloggers Kristen and Kendra; Gale Sears, "The Silence of God"; Julianne Donaldson, "Edenbrooke"; artist Liz Lemon Swindle; and musical performance and signing with Mckenzie Turley, 6-8 p.m.
Sugarhouse (2274 S. 1300 East):
Valerie Phillips, blogger and former food writer for Deseret News, 6-8 p.m.
Ft. Union (1110 Fort Union Blvd., Midvale):
University Village (1076 S. 750 East, Orem):
Anthony Sweat, "Mormons: An Open Book," noon-1:30 p.m.
Kathy Gordon of Covenant Communications, 4-5:30 p.m.
"Six Sisters" bloggers Camille and Stephanie; Merrille Boyack, "The Parenting Breakthrough"; Annette Lyon, "The Newport Ladies Book Club"; Sarah Eden, "Seeking Persephone"; and artist Annie Henrie, 6-8 p.m.
Orem Parkway (230 E. University Parkway, Orem):
Bernard Poduska, "For Love and Money: A Guide to Finances and Relationships for Latter-day Saints," noon-1:30 p.m.
Jennie Hansen, "The Bracelet" series, 6-8 p.m.
Ogden (339 E. 2500 South):
Nancy Allen, "Faith of Our Fathers," 6-8 p.m.
Riverdale (4145 Riverdale Road):
Michele Carnesecca, "What Are the Promises I Make at Baptism?" 6-8 p.m.
Layton Hills Mall (754 N. Main, Layton):
"Six Sisters" bloggers Elyse and Lauren; LuAnn and Crystalyn Nilson, author and photographer of "I Want to Be a Missionary"; and Brittany Chapman, "Women of Faith in the Latter Days," 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 62
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20