PROVO — The BYU Cougars have been invited to play in the CBE Hall of Fame Classic in November, the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) announced Thursday.
The Cougars will join Wichita State — which is playing in the NCAA tournament's Final Four — with Texas and DePaul in the championship rounds at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo.
The semifinals will tip off on Monday, Nov. 25, with the championship and consolation games taking place Tuesday, Nov. 25.
All four games will be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks.
Tickets for the championship round games will be available April 5, and may be purchased through www.axs.com, www.cbehalloffameclassic.com, by phone at 1-888-929-7849 or in person at Sprint Center Box Office.
The complete CBE Hall of Fame Classic bracket, including matchups and television broadcast times, will be announced at a later date.
BYU finished the season 24-12 after falling in the NIT semifinals at Madison Square Garden last Tuesday. Wichita State is playing in its first Final Four since 1965. Texas (16-18) and DePaul (11-21) had disappointing seasons in 2012-13.
Last year, Kansas defeated Saint Louis in the CBE Classic championship game.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Hood, Hayward help Jazz eclipse Suns for...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 102
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 83
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 62
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22