PROVO — The BYU Cougars have been invited to play in the CBE Hall of Fame Classic in November, the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) announced Thursday.
The Cougars will join Wichita State — which is playing in the NCAA tournament's Final Four — with Texas and DePaul in the championship rounds at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo.
The semifinals will tip off on Monday, Nov. 25, with the championship and consolation games taking place Tuesday, Nov. 25.
All four games will be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks.
Tickets for the championship round games will be available April 5, and may be purchased through www.axs.com, www.cbehalloffameclassic.com, by phone at 1-888-929-7849 or in person at Sprint Center Box Office.
The complete CBE Hall of Fame Classic bracket, including matchups and television broadcast times, will be announced at a later date.
BYU finished the season 24-12 after falling in the NIT semifinals at Madison Square Garden last Tuesday. Wichita State is playing in its first Final Four since 1965. Texas (16-18) and DePaul (11-21) had disappointing seasons in 2012-13.
Last year, Kansas defeated Saint Louis in the CBE Classic championship game.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 76
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 28
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14