PROVO — The BYU Cougars have been invited to play in the CBE Hall of Fame Classic in November, the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) announced Thursday.
The Cougars will join Wichita State — which is playing in the NCAA tournament's Final Four — with Texas and DePaul in the championship rounds at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo.
The semifinals will tip off on Monday, Nov. 25, with the championship and consolation games taking place Tuesday, Nov. 25.
All four games will be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks.
Tickets for the championship round games will be available April 5, and may be purchased through www.axs.com, www.cbehalloffameclassic.com, by phone at 1-888-929-7849 or in person at Sprint Center Box Office.
The complete CBE Hall of Fame Classic bracket, including matchups and television broadcast times, will be announced at a later date.
BYU finished the season 24-12 after falling in the NIT semifinals at Madison Square Garden last Tuesday. Wichita State is playing in its first Final Four since 1965. Texas (16-18) and DePaul (11-21) had disappointing seasons in 2012-13.
Last year, Kansas defeated Saint Louis in the CBE Classic championship game.
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real possibility...
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will...
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU fans...
- Nicholls State assistant football coach is...
- BYU's Bronson Kaufusi eager to display new...
- Reports: Former BYU star Brett Keisel agrees...
- BYU camp report: Taysom Hill throws a pair of...
- Rock On: BYU soccer star gone, not forgotten
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 131
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 92
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 70
- ESPN lists BYU and Utah State as... 64
- Dick Harmon: Will Utah State, BYU be... 46
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 44
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 40
- BYU's offense 'too sloppy' in scrimmage 29