PROVO — The BYU Cougars have been invited to play in the CBE Hall of Fame Classic in November, the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) announced Thursday.
The Cougars will join Wichita State — which is playing in the NCAA tournament's Final Four — with Texas and DePaul in the championship rounds at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo.
The semifinals will tip off on Monday, Nov. 25, with the championship and consolation games taking place Tuesday, Nov. 25.
All four games will be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks.
Tickets for the championship round games will be available April 5, and may be purchased through www.axs.com, www.cbehalloffameclassic.com, by phone at 1-888-929-7849 or in person at Sprint Center Box Office.
The complete CBE Hall of Fame Classic bracket, including matchups and television broadcast times, will be announced at a later date.
BYU finished the season 24-12 after falling in the NIT semifinals at Madison Square Garden last Tuesday. Wichita State is playing in its first Final Four since 1965. Texas (16-18) and DePaul (11-21) had disappointing seasons in 2012-13.
Last year, Kansas defeated Saint Louis in the CBE Classic championship game.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18