PROVO — The BYU Cougars have been invited to play in the CBE Hall of Fame Classic in November, the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) announced Thursday.
The Cougars will join Wichita State — which is playing in the NCAA tournament's Final Four — with Texas and DePaul in the championship rounds at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo.
The semifinals will tip off on Monday, Nov. 25, with the championship and consolation games taking place Tuesday, Nov. 25.
All four games will be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks.
Tickets for the championship round games will be available April 5, and may be purchased through www.axs.com, www.cbehalloffameclassic.com, by phone at 1-888-929-7849 or in person at Sprint Center Box Office.
The complete CBE Hall of Fame Classic bracket, including matchups and television broadcast times, will be announced at a later date.
BYU finished the season 24-12 after falling in the NIT semifinals at Madison Square Garden last Tuesday. Wichita State is playing in its first Final Four since 1965. Texas (16-18) and DePaul (11-21) had disappointing seasons in 2012-13.
Last year, Kansas defeated Saint Louis in the CBE Classic championship game.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 50
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 19
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 9
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 8