Utah Jazz recap: Utah falls to Denver Nuggets 113-96, snaps 5 game winning streak
Despite trailing by only five points at halftime, the Denver was too much for the Jazz in the second half. The Nuggets beat Utah 113-96 Wednesday night at EnergySolutions Arena to end the Jazz's five game winning streak.
The high-energy Nuggets out-rebounded Utah 42-33 leading to 19 fast-break points. Denver also sent away eight shots, two each coming from backup center JaVale McGee and small forward Kenneth Faried.
Utah continued to pass the ball well and play as a team finishing with 25 assists. Mo Williams tallied seven of those, but struggled to score finishing with a mere four points. Gordon Hayward had the hot hand for the Jazz, scoring 18 points and going 3-of-6 from beyond the arc. Unfortunately for the Jazz, Hayward got in early foul trouble and had to sit out for much of the second quarter.
Danilo Gallinari and Faried were the high scorers on the Nuggets side, finishing with 21 and 19 points respectively.
With the loss, the Jazz fell half a game behind the L.A. Lakers and out of the eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference.
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 31
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26