Utah Jazz recap: Utah falls to Denver Nuggets 113-96, snaps 5 game winning streak
Despite trailing by only five points at halftime, the Denver was too much for the Jazz in the second half. The Nuggets beat Utah 113-96 Wednesday night at EnergySolutions Arena to end the Jazz's five game winning streak.
The high-energy Nuggets out-rebounded Utah 42-33 leading to 19 fast-break points. Denver also sent away eight shots, two each coming from backup center JaVale McGee and small forward Kenneth Faried.
Utah continued to pass the ball well and play as a team finishing with 25 assists. Mo Williams tallied seven of those, but struggled to score finishing with a mere four points. Gordon Hayward had the hot hand for the Jazz, scoring 18 points and going 3-of-6 from beyond the arc. Unfortunately for the Jazz, Hayward got in early foul trouble and had to sit out for much of the second quarter.
Danilo Gallinari and Faried were the high scorers on the Nuggets side, finishing with 21 and 19 points respectively.
With the loss, the Jazz fell half a game behind the L.A. Lakers and out of the eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 45
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30