Utah Jazz recap: Utah falls to Denver Nuggets 113-96, snaps 5 game winning streak
Despite trailing by only five points at halftime, the Denver was too much for the Jazz in the second half. The Nuggets beat Utah 113-96 Wednesday night at EnergySolutions Arena to end the Jazz's five game winning streak.
The high-energy Nuggets out-rebounded Utah 42-33 leading to 19 fast-break points. Denver also sent away eight shots, two each coming from backup center JaVale McGee and small forward Kenneth Faried.
Utah continued to pass the ball well and play as a team finishing with 25 assists. Mo Williams tallied seven of those, but struggled to score finishing with a mere four points. Gordon Hayward had the hot hand for the Jazz, scoring 18 points and going 3-of-6 from beyond the arc. Unfortunately for the Jazz, Hayward got in early foul trouble and had to sit out for much of the second quarter.
Danilo Gallinari and Faried were the high scorers on the Nuggets side, finishing with 21 and 19 points respectively.
With the loss, the Jazz fell half a game behind the L.A. Lakers and out of the eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 45
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 40
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25