YouTube celebrity Devin Graham explains his lifestyle (+video)
Devin Graham is known for his exotic and extreme YouTube videos. He's filmed almost every extreme sport Utah has to offer, from human slingshots to water jet packs.
Each video has action, friends and what looks to be a massive party. What viewers hardly ever see is Graham. In one of his latest videos, Graham focuses the camera on himself.
"I made this video in response of [sic] 1000 of emails I get from people asking me to tell my story of what I do," Graham posted. "This is only the first of many videos I will do covering my story of how I got where I am, why I do it, and what drives me. My goal with any of these videos is to inspire and remind people that if you love something do it, pursue your dreams, don't wait until it's all over, no regrets, seize the day."
While many have found success on YouTube, Graham said in his latest video it cannot happen overnight.
"YouTubers work harder than anyone out there," he said in an interview with the Deseret News. "If you are doing something on YouTube you are working non-stop."
Whether that means driving to McDonald's in order to charge a camera or sleeping in a truck for five days, Graham said he has sacrificed more than his time to pursue his passion.
"Everyone thinks that I just go out there and have fun, party and be a rock star," Graham said in his video. "But the truth of the matter is, what I do is work; it's a crazy amount of work."
Along with telling his story, Graham offers advice.
"For all you guys who are thinking of pursuing filmmaking, or being a lawyer, or whatever it is — as long as you're pursuing it and preparing for it way in advance and not just preparing for the weekends, I really believe that anyone can reach those goals and reach those dreams."
Although Graham said it has taken a great deal of work to get where he is, his love and passion for what he does has never changed.
"I love what I do, and I would encourage anyone out there who loves something to work for it, to fight for it," he said.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University. Her views do not necessarily represent those of BYU.
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Wyoming ranked third in US in percentage of...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- What accounts for the cinematic generation gap?
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 57
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 17
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I... 3
- Wyoming ranked third in US in... 2