Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Natalie Gochnour, who worked for three Utah governors and in President George W. Bush's administration, has been named an associate dean of the University of Utah's David Eccles School of Business.
"I'll be looking at all the ways we can bring the good public policy work going on at the University of Utah into the hands of the business community," Gochnour said.
She will report to both business school Dean Taylor Randall and U. President David Pershing.
Pershing called Gochnour's career impressive and said her "deep experience specializing in the Utah economy will prove to be an invaluable asset in laying the foundation for this new university-wide initiative."
Gochnour will continue to serve as a senior adviser and chief economist to the Salt Lake Chamber, where she had been executive vice president of public policy and communication, as well as chief economist.
She has stepped down from her vice president position at Leavitt Partners, a health care consulting firm headed by former Gov. Mike Leavitt. Gochnour said she will still help with Leavitt's national media.
Gochnour, who also worked for former Govs. Norm Bangerter and Olene Walker, was Leavitt's spokeswoman during his time as governor, which included the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.
She went with Leavitt to Washington, serving as an associate administrator at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency when he headed the agency and his deputy when he was health and human services secretary.
The chamber welcomed Gochnour's new position at the U. Lane Beattie, chamber president and CEO, said the state will "benefit tremendously from an even stronger connection" between the U. and the business community.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should scientists be allowed to change... 10