Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Natalie Gochnour, who worked for three Utah governors and in President George W. Bush's administration, has been named an associate dean of the University of Utah's David Eccles School of Business.
"I'll be looking at all the ways we can bring the good public policy work going on at the University of Utah into the hands of the business community," Gochnour said.
She will report to both business school Dean Taylor Randall and U. President David Pershing.
Pershing called Gochnour's career impressive and said her "deep experience specializing in the Utah economy will prove to be an invaluable asset in laying the foundation for this new university-wide initiative."
Gochnour will continue to serve as a senior adviser and chief economist to the Salt Lake Chamber, where she had been executive vice president of public policy and communication, as well as chief economist.
She has stepped down from her vice president position at Leavitt Partners, a health care consulting firm headed by former Gov. Mike Leavitt. Gochnour said she will still help with Leavitt's national media.
Gochnour, who also worked for former Govs. Norm Bangerter and Olene Walker, was Leavitt's spokeswoman during his time as governor, which included the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.
She went with Leavitt to Washington, serving as an associate administrator at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency when he headed the agency and his deputy when he was health and human services secretary.
The chamber welcomed Gochnour's new position at the U. Lane Beattie, chamber president and CEO, said the state will "benefit tremendously from an even stronger connection" between the U. and the business community.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13