BYU football: Cougars commit two for 2014, 2015 recruiting classes
Up to that point Warner knew very little about BYU other than what he saw on TV. He visited BYU the weekend of its Blue and White game to learn more about the school while seeing the football program up close.
Warner was immediately struck by BYU’s unique atmosphere and really liked what he learned about the campus life and how coaches ran the football program. It was a talk with a current football player that really stuck with him, however, and all but convinced him to commit.
“I got to talk to Spencer Hadley and spend some time with him and I think that, more than any other thing, really helped me decide that BYU was where I needed to be,” Warner said. “I was able to ask him a lot of questions and he gave me a real honest look that you just can’t get from coaches and others. Just talking to a player who was there and experiencing it really helped and got me excited about the possibility of playing for BYU.”
Warner went home, talked it over with his parents and decided to call coaches Tuesday night to commit.
“They were really excited and that made me even more excited about it,” Warner said. “I feel so comfortable with my decision and I can’t wait to join the program and attend school at BYU. It’s the best situation for me and I seriously can’t wait to be coached by coach Mendenhall and play like they do in that defense. Those players are like animals on the field with how active they are and I love that. I love everything about BYU.”
Warner will join the program in 2014 and currently doesn’t have definitive plans to serve an LDS mission.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- BYU football: Jamaal Williams provides...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 44
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42