Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are becoming more and more commonplace. Some are even touting MOOCs as the breakthrough that will transform education, and many major universities are trying to make their classes available online. But there are even more innovations that might be around the corner.
According to a recent column by Vivek Wadhwa for The Washington Post, future innovations in education could all work together to create a tailored educational experience for each student: “But all of this is still just the beginning of the education revolution. We are headed back to the one-to-one model with instruction geared towards the individual rather than the group.”
This individualized instruction is possible through advancements in technology and could help students learn in a customizable way and even discover their passions.
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 65
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 51
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 44
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools... 26
- My view: Women’s equality —... 25