Mormon Channel videos discuss when and why to have children (+video)
The best time to begin a family is different for everyone. In the Mormon Channel's new videos, couples are encouraged to counsel with each other and the Lord regarding the decision to have children.
"It is a privilege for a husband and wife to be able to bear children. The decision on when to have children takes faith and is between a husband and wife and the Lord."
Another video, 'Having Children Enriches Your Life,' highlights several couples who have children. Each couple discusses the blessings they have found by establishing their own families.
As the couples describe their family lives, they also discuss how they came to their decision to have children. Reasons to delay such as schooling and traveling are mentioned, yet many of the couples express the blessings their new families have brought them.
One father said, "I watched Elder Andersen's talk, 'Children,' and during that talk he said, 'Where is your faith?' I thought the purity of that question was just for me, and I feel right about having a kid."
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- 185th Semiannual General Conference talk...
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- President Thomas S. Monson: 'Be an Example...
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment...
- Photos: LDS general conference Sunday morning...
- Leaders close conference by urging Mormons to...
- President Russell M. Nelson: 'A Plea to My...
- LDS video features apostles' first testimonies
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund... 46
- Unique LDS family doctrine still drives... 32
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment... 29
- 3 new LDS apostles will be 98th, 99th,... 27
- Pope meeting with Kim Davis sparks... 15
- In Saturday's General Conference... 15
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12