Utah County Jail, Utah County Jail
PROVO — A 47-year-old Salem man has been charged with murder in the death of his wife.
Tracy A. Scott was charged in 4th District Court with a single charge of murder, a first-degree felony, in the March 23 death of his wife. Teresa Scott, 45, was found dead in the couple's home near 300 South and 400 East, according to a police affidavit.
Tracy Scott reportedly placed a call to police and told dispatchers he had shot his wife and that she was dead, the affidavit states. Scott identified himself and and allegedly refused to put down his gun.
When officers arrived at the home, Scott exited the building and said, "I just shot her and I (have) a gun," according to the affidavit. He then returned inside the home, despite officers' commands, before again walking outside, leading to his arrest.
"Officers located a firearm upon entering the front door of the home," the affidavit states. "(Police also) located a deceased adult female inside the residence."
The couple had reportedly been "involved in an ongoing dispute over the past several weeks," according to the affidavit. Charging documents state that Scott shot his wife "three times at close range."
Scott appeared in court Monday and was appointed an attorney. His next court hearing is scheduled for April 25.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18