Utah County Jail, Utah County Jail
PROVO — A 47-year-old Salem man has been charged with murder in the death of his wife.
Tracy A. Scott was charged in 4th District Court with a single charge of murder, a first-degree felony, in the March 23 death of his wife. Teresa Scott, 45, was found dead in the couple's home near 300 South and 400 East, according to a police affidavit.
Tracy Scott reportedly placed a call to police and told dispatchers he had shot his wife and that she was dead, the affidavit states. Scott identified himself and and allegedly refused to put down his gun.
When officers arrived at the home, Scott exited the building and said, "I just shot her and I (have) a gun," according to the affidavit. He then returned inside the home, despite officers' commands, before again walking outside, leading to his arrest.
"Officers located a firearm upon entering the front door of the home," the affidavit states. "(Police also) located a deceased adult female inside the residence."
The couple had reportedly been "involved in an ongoing dispute over the past several weeks," according to the affidavit. Charging documents state that Scott shot his wife "three times at close range."
Scott appeared in court Monday and was appointed an attorney. His next court hearing is scheduled for April 25.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13