SOUTH JORDAN — The South Jordan Youth Council is inviting students to apply for the opportunity to be a council member.
Applications are available online at www.sjc.utah.gov/youthcouncil.asp#app. Applications must be submitted by May 10, and applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Applicants must be South Jordan residents entering ninth through 12th grades and be interested in learning how government works, and willing to plan and give community service. Council members are expected to commit to six to seven hours per month for youth council meetings and service projects.
Youth Council meets twice a month. Meetings are from 7 to 8 p.m. on Thursdays at the Community Center, 10788 S. 1700 West. Youth Council members also participate in monthly service opportunities. Youth Council also assists with city-sponsored activities such as Country Fest, health and safety fair, Christmas activities, races, Fall Festival, Daddy-daughter Date, and annual Easter Egg Hunt.
Questions can be directed to Sheila Angerhofer, 801-253-2524 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15