PORTLAND — Utah Valley University first baseman Amanda Robinson was named the Pacific Coast Softball Conference Player of the Week on Tuesday. It is the second time this season that she has garnered such accolades.
The recognition comes on the heels of a stellar week for the Lakewood, Calif., native. In five games last week, Robinson went 10-for-17 at the plate, good for a .538 batting average, as she helped the Wolverines (20-12, 5-3 PCSC) to a 4-1 record in that span.
She also drove in eight RBIs, three of which came in game one of Saturday's doubleheader with conference foe CSU Bakersfield. Trailing 1-0 with two outs in the bottom of the seventh inning, Robinson came to the plate with Wolverines standing at first and second. The junior belted the first pitch she saw over the center field wall, sending UVU to a 3-1, walk-off win.
Robinson posted two more RBIs at Utah, both coming on a bases-loaded double in the sixth inning. The hit, one of her two doubles on the week, put the game out of reach as the Wolverines topped the Utes, 4-1.
For the season, Robinson leads UVU with a .394 batting average and has hit the most homers on the team with four. She ranks second in RBIs with 20, just one behind second baseman Dynasty Lauvai. Her .556 slugging percentage is third best in the PCSC, while her batting average and home run total sit in fourth.
Robinson took the first Player of the Week honor of the season on Feb. 13 and combined with Tiffany Mills' Pitcher of the Week recognition to sweep the awards for the Wolverines.
Utah Valley is back in action Wednesday as it visits Weber State for an afternoon doubleheader. Games are set for 2 p.m. and 4 at Wildcat Softball Field in Ogden.
Kellen Hiser is sports information assistant at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 102
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 64
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 46
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 43
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34