Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
OREM — Brandon Doman made it official on Monday. He is now a businessman and is publicly reintroducing a redesigned basketball hoop.
The former quarterback coach and offensive coordinator at BYU joined his brothers Bryce and Kevin Doman along with their father Verl to form HomeSports, formerly Doman Sports.
“We are excited to have this opportunity to come together and have Brandon join our efforts,” Kevin Doman said. “This is something we have wanted to do together for a long time. Our commitment is to accentuate the positive principles and genuine values gained from sports — particularly from the influence that home sports can have within the family and home.”
“When my brothers approached me about the prospect of working with them together as a team, I leaped at the opportunity,” said Brandon, expressing a renewed passion in making his transition from coaching to business. “I’m very excited to be able to work with my brothers and my dad in this new enterprise. HomeSports will focus on introducing the best sports products and services, which will include training and other media programs that will be made available over internet broadcast TV and new media.”
More information about HomeSports and the new Dominator basketball hoop can be found here.
Dick Harmon, Deseret News sports columnist, can be found on Twitter as Harmonwrites and can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19