The Utah Jazz defeated the Portland Trail Blazers, 112-102 tonight at the EnergySolutions Arena, to extend their win streak to five games.
The Jazz came storming out of the blocks, building an early 14-point lead. The Trail Blazer bench helped Portland to fight back, but could not prevent Utah from ending the half with a seven-point lead.
The Jazz continued where they left off against Brooklyn on Saturday night, making nine three-point shots, 40 percent of their overall attempts from behind the arc. Mo Williams had six of those threes. Every starter reached double figures for the Jazz, and Williams had a standout 20 points. The top scorer for either team was Western Conference Player of the Week, Al Jefferson, who finished the game with 24 points and 10 rebounds.
Offensively Utah was very impressive, shooting 54 percent from the field, which was more than enough to hand them the victory, despite Portland shooting 58 percent.
This win allows the Jazz to solidify their place in the eighth Western Conference playoff position, and brings their record to 39-36 for the season.
Read on for some of the best tweets from Jazz nation throughout the night.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25