LOGAN — Police have identified a man found dead on the banks of the Logan River.
The man, identified as 64-year-old Kenneth Schwartz, was spotted by a passerby about 10:20 a.m. Friday at 843 S. 100 West, near Stevens-Henager College.
Logan Assistant Police Chief Jeff Curtis said Friday there was no evidence of foul play, and police were investigating the death as an accident. Investigators learned that the man had gone to fish the Logan River, and they suspect he may have slipped and fallen down the river's steep embankment.
No new details about Schwartz's death were available Monday.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19