Weber State faces an uptempo pace from East Carolina in CIT championship
OGDEN — Weber State has accomplished quite a bit in 145 days. The Wildcats played and won more games than any team in Big Sky Conference history, set the single-season record for points and assists, saw individual awards rewritten and traveled over 19,000 miles.
Therefore, it’s only fitting that perhaps the best season in program history will be decided at the Dee Events Center on Tuesday. The Wildcats (30-6) square off against East Carolina (22-12) in the championship of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament Tuesday at 6:06 p.m.
The Pirates operate at a frenetic, highly athletic pace — an uncommon style in the BSC — which leads to the nickname ”Dunkville.” ECU ranks second in the nation in assists per game (17.4) and enjoys the 18th best point per game average (76.5).
Maurice Kemp leads the Pirates at 18.8 points and 8.1 rebounds per game. Fellow senior Miguel Paul (13.0 ppg and 7.2 apg) conducts the offense along with junior Robert Sampson (9.0 ppg and 9.2 rpg).
ECU won all four of its CIT games at home and has a 5-7 record away from Greenville this season. Weber State has won 14 straight home games and 34 of 35 in Ogden.
With the above-the-rim style the Pirates employ, WSU’s Joel Bolomboy’s status is of major concern. The freshman suffered a left shoulder separation in the win against Northern Iowa on Saturday and is listed as questionable. WSU coach Randy Rahe said “it wasn’t a total separation” and never popped out of joint.
Wildcats on the Air
CollegeInsider.com Tournament Championship
East Carolina (22-12) at Weber State (30-6)
Tuesday, 6:06 p.m.
Dee Events Center, Ogden
TV: CBS Sports Network (DirecTV – 613; Dish Network – 158; Utah Comcast – 269)
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 74
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35