Department of Public Safety,
MOAB — Police are investigating a single-vehicle crash on Main Street that killed a 92-year-old man.
Moab resident Bernard A. Broughton was traveling north near 1075 S. Main about 11 a.m. when the pickup truck he was driving drifted to the right shoulder and hit a parked flatbed trailer. The pickup rolled and sideswiped the truck pulling the trailer before coming to a stop, police said.
Broughton was not wearing a seat belt and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating whether a medical condition contributed to the crash and whether Broughton was talking on the phone at the time.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11