Department of Public Safety,
MOAB — Police are investigating a single-vehicle crash on Main Street that killed a 92-year-old man.
Moab resident Bernard A. Broughton was traveling north near 1075 S. Main about 11 a.m. when the pickup truck he was driving drifted to the right shoulder and hit a parked flatbed trailer. The pickup rolled and sideswiped the truck pulling the trailer before coming to a stop, police said.
Broughton was not wearing a seat belt and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating whether a medical condition contributed to the crash and whether Broughton was talking on the phone at the time.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17