Department of Public Safety,
MOAB — Police are investigating a single-vehicle crash on Main Street that killed a 92-year-old man.
Moab resident Bernard A. Broughton was traveling north near 1075 S. Main about 11 a.m. when the pickup truck he was driving drifted to the right shoulder and hit a parked flatbed trailer. The pickup rolled and sideswiped the truck pulling the trailer before coming to a stop, police said.
Broughton was not wearing a seat belt and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating whether a medical condition contributed to the crash and whether Broughton was talking on the phone at the time.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 35
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17