OREM, Utah — After a week off, the Utah Valley University baseball team gets back on the field Tuesday at in-state foe BYU. First pitch is set for 6 p.m. from Miller Park with the game airing live on BYUtv and on the UVU athletic website.
The Wolverines (9-16) were swept at Cal State Northridge in their last action on March 22-24, while the Cougars (13-14) won two of three from Pepperdine in a West Coast Conference series in Provo.
Junior right-hander Devin Nelson (1-2, 3.52) will start for Utah Valley with BYU slated to start left-hander Mark Anderson (2-1, 6.75).
“BYU is a very good, well-coached team and it’s always fun to play in-state games,” UVU head coach Eric Madsen said. “Hopefully the week off has energized us as we’ve worked hard during practice to improve and iron out some wrinkles.”
BYU will be the fourth West Coast Conference opponent for UVU this season. The Wolverines are 5-3 against Gonzaga (1-1), Portland (2-1) and Saint Mary’s (2-1). The Cougars make the return trip to Orem on April 30.
Utah Valley opens the final season of Great West Conference play this weekend at NJIT in a four-game series that starts Friday.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34