MILLCREEK — An argument between two men resulted in one being shot in the stomach over the weekend.
On Sunday, 46-year-old James McCallie was at 1938 E. Nunley Circle (5990 South), where he rents a room, when he and a visitor, a 51-year-old man, began drinking, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The two later got into a verbal argument that became heated enough that McCallie pulled out a gun, pointed it at the other man and threatened to shoot him, Hoyal said.
The other man reportedly attempted to knock the gun away. As he attempted to do so, the gun went off, Hoyal said. The man was taken to a local hospital, treated for minor injuries and released.
Investigators described McCallie as "very intoxicated and not cooperative" when officers arrived at the house, according to a Salt Lake County Jail booking report. He was booked into jail for investigation of attempted homicide.
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 22
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Race heating up as congressional... 11