MILLCREEK — An argument between two men resulted in one being shot in the stomach over the weekend.
On Sunday, 46-year-old James McCallie was at 1938 E. Nunley Circle (5990 South), where he rents a room, when he and a visitor, a 51-year-old man, began drinking, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The two later got into a verbal argument that became heated enough that McCallie pulled out a gun, pointed it at the other man and threatened to shoot him, Hoyal said.
The other man reportedly attempted to knock the gun away. As he attempted to do so, the gun went off, Hoyal said. The man was taken to a local hospital, treated for minor injuries and released.
Investigators described McCallie as "very intoxicated and not cooperative" when officers arrived at the house, according to a Salt Lake County Jail booking report. He was booked into jail for investigation of attempted homicide.
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15