SARATOGA SPRINGS — Search crews took to the sky late Saturday afternoon and to the Lindon harbor area of Utah Lake to try to find an avid fisherman whose boat was discovered abandoned in some reeds.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Eldon Packer said the man, 37, left his Utah County home about 8 a.m. with his 18-foot fishing boat. Fishermen in the area spotted the boat about 5:30 p.m. in shallow water and a nearby truck, but no one in the vicinity. They called authorities.
Packer said about 30 members of the search and rescue team as well as state park employees were involved in the search, which would continue as long as it remained safe.
"It becomes very difficult in the dark," Packer said.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- Bingham High students walk out over... 46
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 20
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18