SARATOGA SPRINGS — Search crews took to the sky late Saturday afternoon and to the Lindon harbor area of Utah Lake to try to find an avid fisherman whose boat was discovered abandoned in some reeds.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Eldon Packer said the man, 37, left his Utah County home about 8 a.m. with his 18-foot fishing boat. Fishermen in the area spotted the boat about 5:30 p.m. in shallow water and a nearby truck, but no one in the vicinity. They called authorities.
Packer said about 30 members of the search and rescue team as well as state park employees were involved in the search, which would continue as long as it remained safe.
"It becomes very difficult in the dark," Packer said.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 38
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 22
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17