SARATOGA SPRINGS — Search crews took to the sky late Saturday afternoon and to the Lindon harbor area of Utah Lake to try to find an avid fisherman whose boat was discovered abandoned in some reeds.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Eldon Packer said the man, 37, left his Utah County home about 8 a.m. with his 18-foot fishing boat. Fishermen in the area spotted the boat about 5:30 p.m. in shallow water and a nearby truck, but no one in the vicinity. They called authorities.
Packer said about 30 members of the search and rescue team as well as state park employees were involved in the search, which would continue as long as it remained safe.
"It becomes very difficult in the dark," Packer said.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23