SARATOGA SPRINGS — Search crews took to the sky late Saturday afternoon and to the Lindon harbor area of Utah Lake to try to find an avid fisherman whose boat was discovered abandoned in some reeds.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Eldon Packer said the man, 37, left his Utah County home about 8 a.m. with his 18-foot fishing boat. Fishermen in the area spotted the boat about 5:30 p.m. in shallow water and a nearby truck, but no one in the vicinity. They called authorities.
Packer said about 30 members of the search and rescue team as well as state park employees were involved in the search, which would continue as long as it remained safe.
"It becomes very difficult in the dark," Packer said.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 123
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 29
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20