SARATOGA SPRINGS — Search crews took to the sky late Saturday afternoon and to the Lindon harbor area of Utah Lake to try to find an avid fisherman whose boat was discovered abandoned in some reeds.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Eldon Packer said the man, 37, left his Utah County home about 8 a.m. with his 18-foot fishing boat. Fishermen in the area spotted the boat about 5:30 p.m. in shallow water and a nearby truck, but no one in the vicinity. They called authorities.
Packer said about 30 members of the search and rescue team as well as state park employees were involved in the search, which would continue as long as it remained safe.
"It becomes very difficult in the dark," Packer said.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11